Deisel filter change 61 plate 1.6HDi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-15, 09:48 AM   #1

Default Deisel filter change 61 plate 1.6HDi

Has anyone come across instructions for changing the diesel filter on a year 2011 1.6HDi 92 (DPF) engine ? The main thing confusing me is the filters I have seen photos of online for sale don't look like the one fitted to my car ! My diesel filter is the type which has a hand primer button on the top although I don't know whether that's the filter itself or just a housing which contains the filter inside. It has been changed before by Peugeot but I was thinking of doing it myself this year if I can find suitable instructions. If it's known to be difficult to change then please let me know and I'll have the Peugeot dealer do it for me. I do service my own vehicles but have never tried the diesel filter on this one as it doesn't appear obvious how to change it.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-08-15, 08:44 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalsop View Post
Has anyone come across instructions for changing the diesel filter.
Matt,
you can find a video of "how to" on filter changing by going to Youtube and searching for:-

"How to change fuel filter 1.6 HDI Peugeot 307, 308 and Citroen C4" The method he used was essentially the same for my 207cc.

The video is by Adrian Dragan and it's in (I think) Croatian, but there are English subtitles if you select the "watch in your own language" setting.

You need to play it a couple of times, then it is straightforward. But first, make sure the filter is the same as yours. If it is, go to Peugeot and order a genuine one. Mine cost approx 35.

Note that you will need to swap over the fuel heater unit.....it unclips from the old filter and snaps into the new one. Also, replace the two seals on the fuel heater inlet/outlet. The new ones come in the package.

The part number for mine was Peugeot part no. P190195. If you want to cheapskate, a Delphi filter (which was fitted to mine) is Delphi p/n 964-944-8880 (R6356020)....my vehicle is a 2007 so you need to double-check the references for your 2011.
Kenzo
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-08-15, 06:25 AM   #3

Hi,

Thank you but I've already seen that video. It seems to show a very different filter. I'll buy the Peugeot filter for mine then give it a go. It looks like I get a new metal canister that fits inside a housing on the car. The housing has a primer pump on top which you operate by pressing a button several times. Can't imagine it's that difficult to change ;-) Not sure when they changed the design but I certainly don't seem to have what's shown on the video unfortunately.

Old 24-08-15, 08:57 AM   #4

FAQ item 6, parts details:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 25-08-15, 03:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
Matt,
you can find a video of "how to" on filter changing by going to Youtube and searching for:-

"How to change fuel filter 1.6 HDI Peugeot 307, 308 and Citroen C4" The method he used was essentially the same for my 207cc.

The video is by Adrian Dragan and it's in (I think) Croatian, but there are English subtitles if you select the "watch in your own language" setting.

You need to play it a couple of times, then it is straightforward. But first, make sure the filter is the same as yours. If it is, go to Peugeot and order a genuine one. Mine cost approx 35.

Note that you will need to swap over the fuel heater unit.....it unclips from the old filter and snaps into the new one. Also, replace the two seals on the fuel heater inlet/outlet. The new ones come in the package.

The part number for mine was Peugeot part no. P190195. If you want to cheapskate, a Delphi filter (which was fitted to mine) is Delphi p/n 964-944-8880 (R6356020)....my vehicle is a 2007 so you need to double-check the references for your 2011.
Kenzo
Are you saying the Delphi filter is inferior to the stock Peugeot one?
It's certainly a lot cheaper
I thought Delphi made lots of OEM parts for Peugeot?
Hammerter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-15, 08:49 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerter View Post
Are you saying the Delphi filter is inferior to the stock Peugeot one?
It's certainly a lot cheaper
I thought Delphi made lots of OEM parts for Peugeot?
Hammer,
"cheapskate" was a poor choice of phrase. I meant "save money". The Delphi filter must have been in place on my vehicle for at least 20k until it blocked up recently.

Kenzo
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-15, 02:07 AM   #7
Inactive User

Hi here is the parts diagram for the filter for the 90 engine with dpf
The part numbers for item 1 should point you in the right direction
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-15, 07:43 AM   #8

Thank you Joe. That's what I was after......a picture of the filter type I have complete with a diagram of the parts. I can see how it goes together now. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in