A couple of questions... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattalsop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-08-17, 12:08 PM   #1

Default A couple of questions...

1. When you buckle up should the icons for the rear seatbelts stay red? On mine they do, even when the seats are empty. The warning light goes out after a short time but I wonder if there's a defective weight switch there?

2. The metal strap that holds the back box silencer rusted in half so I've got a new one. But when fitting it I noticed that the box has another lug and rubber mount at its front side. Does the standard Pug have both the built-in front lug and the separate strap, or is the strap an aftermarket addition? Had to wonder this as hanging the exhaust on a single rubber mount seems a bit iffy to me.
Tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-08-17, 08:33 PM   #2

Hi,

I used to get to the end of my road (about 10 to 15 seconds drive) before the warning lights would go out for the empty seats. Yes, it's normal so don't worry.

I had all three brackets fail on my exhaust and I replaced all three with aftermarket or home made brackets. I had one mounting point on the back box, one bracket on the exhaust pipe just in front of the back box and one bracket on the exhaust pipe around where the gear stick would be above. I didn't notice a second mounting on the back box (which was the original Peugeot factory fitted back box). Should have said mine was a 1.6 HDi. I suspect there are different exhausts depending on engine type.
Tomcat likes this.

Last edited by mattalsop; 22-08-17 at 08:43 PM.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-08-17, 10:32 AM   #3

Mine's also 1.6 HDi. There's a bracket (which has fractured off) built in to the front side of the back box and a separate one on a strap (which has rusted in half) round the box. Didn't see anything further up the pipe. But I'm getting a competent garage to have a look at it next week so hopefully we'll see what's what. I was encouraged to see that people seem to do aftermarket mounting lugs so there should be an easy answer, though that also suggests it's a common problem to be kept an eye on!

Thanks for the info on the seatbelt lights. Seems a silly system but if it's standard you just gotta live with it.

Old 23-08-17, 11:05 AM   #4
pdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
But I'm getting a competent garage to have a look at it next week so hopefully we'll see what's what. I was encouraged to see that people seem to do aftermarket mounting lugs so there should be an easy answer, though that also suggests it's a common problem to be kept an eye on!
It's a common problem on every car.

Exhaust parts are generally very cheaply made and quality control appears to be if it doesn't leak (much) then it goes out...

Hangers and brackets rusting/falling apart accounted for a lot of the failures when I used to be a fitter

I recently replaced the front pipe on my wife's car, and the welding on the new one... I could do a neater job holding the torch with my feet
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-08-17, 11:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdg View Post
It's a common problem on every car.
Oh I dunno, I had a BMW before, 06 reg and 120,000 miles when I sold it and still on the original exhaust. (and their quality is over-rated )
Old 23-08-17, 12:20 PM   #6
pdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Oh I dunno, I had a BMW before, 06 reg and 120,000 miles when I sold it and still on the original exhaust. (and their quality is over-rated )
They're not immune though, I've seen plenty that weren't any good. Mainly older ones tbf (it's been 20 years since it was my job).

That said, my BMW (bike) is from 1986 with 80k+ and is still on the oem factory pipe
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in