Coolant Pressure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-15, 07:58 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Coolant Pressure

Hi
What is normal for pressure in the coolant expansion tank?
If I go on a run making sure the temp is around 90. I turn engine off, the coolant level is always higher than what it was. If I start to undo the cap, the coolant will rise to the top of the tank and maybe over flow. If I start the engine, the coolant level goes back down. There is no oil in the coolant, no bubbles etc. Some times after a run, I check the coolant level and it is normally on max or a little higher. But In the morning the coolant level some times falls below the min level. So I top it up and the same thing happens again a few days later after about 100 mile of driving. I have changed the cap.

But recently I have noticed that when running from cold or first time of the day. The engine hesitates on gear changes or if I accelerate.
any idea anyone
thanks
tiptornado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-15, 11:55 AM   #2
Inactive User

Heat makes the coolant expand, so yes the levels will be different between hot and cold
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 03:05 PM   #3

as above but if you suspect air in the system there is a bleed screw on the rear bulkhead (like a wheel dust cap) get engine warm and slowly release it just until you see coolant.

have just had fun and games with the daughters, it started getting very steamy looking from the exhaust, as i knew it had a slight rad leak i swapped it, then found a slight leak when wiggling the bottom header pipe, so added a seal, then found a pinhole leak in the header tank which only showed when taking the cap/pressure off.
new/used header and everything good....at last.

so note if your exhaust is looking steamy check for coolant leaks as it will drag air in, this will hit your temprature sensor and make the ecu think the engines running cooler and overfuel.
car now running good with nothing from the exhaust...except how it should be on cold damp days.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-15, 04:19 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks the help, I will check
When you say a bleed valve on the bulk head. Is that on a hose. I was thinking maybe head gasket problem
tiptornado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 09:53 PM   #5

some have two bleed screws but on the cc i could only find one, its where the heater matrix pipe goes through, look behind the battery/air filter, looks like a tyre valve cap.
if your car isnt a cc and you want to bleed the system you may need to extend the header tank with something like a old coolant bottle wedged in, as i beleive the heater matrix is higher than the header tank. i never had to though.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in