Coding a replacement ABS ECU - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-13, 04:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Coding a replacement ABS ECU

Hello folks, my first post here on the forums...

Peugeot 207, 1.6Hdi, Sport, 2008. approx 22000 miles (annoying eh?)

I've been suffering progressive worsening of everything associated with the ABS unit (so what's new?). It started a while back with the "braking system faulty" and has progressed all the way to no speedo, no power steering, STOP light etc. You all know the routine by now. Car runs as sweet as a nut though.
I have a PP2000 & interface and was able to read the codes until recently and was getting a pretty random range of various sensors open/shorted/no repsonse/vehicle too fast etc etc. These symptoms/reports were not consistent though. I even fitted a new front left sensor in response to a specific message. It didn't make any difference. But now I have lost all diagnostic contact with the ABS. I can still see/interrogate BSI & ECU and operate lights/central locking/ horn via BSI and also EGR valve for example via engine ECU so I think my basic diagnostic access is generally OK.

I plan to get an exchange ABS ECU but I am concerned that it will need recoding in some way - even assuming I get an EXACT replacement with same part number. Since I cannot read my own ABS ECU any longer, I don't know what parameters are likely to need recoding (if any).

Please can someone advise on the likely pitfalls/requirements of having to recode the new ABS ECU with PP2000? Is it just a case of obvious things like wheel/tyre size, manual gearbox etc or will there be some parameters that I won't know the answers for?

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited by mrfixit; 29-05-13 at 04:40 PM.
mrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-05-13, 05:34 PM   #2

Peugeot not willing to contribute to repair ?

Low miles newish car have you asked ?
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-05-13, 05:46 PM   #3
Inactive User

Funny(!) you should ask that.
I did contact the local dealer, especially given the lamentable history of ABS issues, but since it's now getting on for 2 years out of warranty they weren't going to co-operate.

Cheers

Old 29-05-13, 05:51 PM   #4

We had a power steering pump replaced by peugeot on a taxi and it was out of warranty by 1 year.

Some parts should last the life of the car i would stamp my feet as you say it is a known issue.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-13, 09:39 PM   #5

No issues with re-coding as you say just transmission and wheel size etc.

I have yet to hear of anyone near me with a 4+ yr old car getting pump changed with any help from PSA even with the well documented issues, maybe they should get rid of any doubt by adding it to service schedule like a cam belt
Old 02-06-13, 04:25 PM   #6

I bought an 07 plate HDi GT w/35k on it last month, and 600 miles of driving and I got the ESP/ABS error. Thankfully, its just the ESP light on, so was completely driveable. The warranty place have refused to pay their 'upto 1000' claim limit with me paying the remaining 400. Peugeot quoted 1400 btw for new pump and fitting. I have since fitted a new pump/ecu (for considerably less wonga) on friday morning. The mechanical side was fine, fitted in about 90 mins or so, but the bleeding took forever with the PP2000 actuator cycle. The programming is just that screen with the 5 or 6 options on. -engine, -wheels, -rear discs outside. Inititally, set it through the 'New part' menu, but it may need to be the DV4 engine first, but then go through the ECU menus and set it correctly! Job done!! I instantly had faults flying up about headlights, speed sensors, and a few others, but 10 mins of driving, and a clear of the faults solved it all. Think this was because my pump was brand new and needed to read all the wheel, speed, yaw data for a bit.

Hope it all goes well. It stinks having a nice car with faults.
Old 02-06-13, 09:33 PM   #7
Inactive User

Windy1603, Scoppack,

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard.

Scoppack,

a few questions please:

1) Did you get a brand new pump/ECU or a recon/exchange ?
2) Did you get an exact match (part number) or did you get close (in some way) and were then able to recode it to make it a perfect match.

Thanks

Mrfixit
Old 03-06-13, 09:11 AM   #8

1) Did you get a brand new pump/ECU or a recon/exchange ?

Thankfully I managed to get a new pump. It had no values in the ECU at all. I think thats why it threw so many errors at me initially. From research, I'm unsure as to if my pump (combined ECU/Pump) can actually be separated properly. There are no screws in the back of it.

2) Did you get an exact match (part number) or did you get close (in some way) and were then able to recode it to make it a perfect match.

TBH, I could not find an answer to this, so I got an exact match.
I looked for the 966xxxxxxx number off the barcode.
It seems from Peugeot's catalogue, that there are 11 types of pump fitted to the 207 range. The Peugeot part should be along the lines of 4541.xx, and so any part matching that will work. Or matching the 966... or 956... or summat. It doesnt seem to matter about the ECU number, or the lower number, think they're batch/item number rather than actual part/type.

If anyone does know if you can fit an ABS labelled pump to an ESP car, but then 'absent' the ESP in Planet, I would be very grateful. As this may save a fortune if this happens again.
Sorry I couldnt be more help

*EDIT*

Do you know the part number you need? Do you have your VIN?

Last edited by scoppack; 03-06-13 at 09:22 AM.
scoppack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-13, 10:39 PM   #9
Inactive User

Hello,

the part number I got from a photo I took:

10.027 - 0077.4

I don't have the VIN handy tonight.

I've been told that the following will (can be coded to) work.

10.027 - 0159.4

Do you know?

Cheers
Old 07-06-13, 08:36 AM   #10
davidireland

Those 96 numbers are only manufacturer numbers. The proper number is the actual Peugeot part no. Theres no way of telling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in