Clutch pedal issues? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-19, 09:33 PM   #1

Default Clutch pedal issues?

Hi all

Iím having issues with my clutch pedal going low to floor again !

Had it about 3weeks ago and having looked at slave cylinder it was leaking so I replaced and fully bled it and everything was back to normal

Then this weekend gone I noticed that pedal seemed to be very slightly spongy at top about first half inch before you Ďfeltí it pushing on the fluid as it disengaged clutch

Tonight it went to floor when parking up at a supermarket and clutch engaged after lifting about an inch from floor rather that normal midway of travel. Finished the shop and on way home via picking son up from uni itís been absolutely fine but rather triple check itís all ok as it shouldnít have done it in first place!

I thought maybe the slave was leaking again but having checked it itís completely dry and looks fine

Now my thoughts are master but the brakes are spot on and the fluid level from when I changed slave hasnít dropped at all so I canít see it being a leak

As this is a combined clutch brake master Iíd have thought any air getting in would affect both systems not just clutch?

Iím going to rebleed slave just in case but Iím starting to think master might need replacing.

If I do replace it am I right in assuming Iíd have to fully bleed brakes and clutch together? As in canít just bleed the cylinder itself.

Bit unsure whether Iíll have problems with brakes due to being ABS (no ESP) or will it be like a normal bleed?

Iíll be using a pressure bleed kit if thatís any help

Anyone done a master cylinder change over and have any tips or suggestions on best way to do it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dcgpx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in