Climate control display dim on one side - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By willothewisp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-13, 08:59 PM   #1

Default Climate control display dim on one side

Have a look below - looks like one of the backlights has gone.

It doesn't look that bad but during daytime the left side is near impossible to read.

Can this unit be pulled apart and the backlight replaced or do I have to replace the whole thing?

bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-13, 11:49 PM   #2
Inactive User

I had the exact same issue, bit now the entre display has gone dark. Did you find out about this? Did you have to replace the entire unit?
anderskri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-13, 10:14 AM   #3

Had the same bulb failure on mine and all it needs are new bulbs.

You don't say what car you have but on my 207 display these are the bulbs I needed.

R284 12V W2.3W Indicator & Panel

The panel is a bit of a pain to get out but worth doing.

On my 207:
1 - remove the 2 vertical long centre console side trims by pulling carefully, they take some force but be careful.
2 - you will now see the torx screws holding the climate panel in so remove them
3 - unclip the storage above the panel, pulls out
4 - unclip the panel below with the lock buttons on
5 - the climate panel then unclips and from memory, when it's loose you need to push it back into the space in the dash, rotate it to undo the connectors and then withdraw it sideways. be careful not to scratch it during the process. It's hard to explain but the panel has to be pushed into the space, turned and then withdrawn to get it out.
6 - with the panel out the bulb holders then turn 90 degrees to release them and pull bulbs from the holders and replace them. there are only 2 bulbs to replace so may be worth replacing both of them

Rear of panel shown here:
Bartebben.com - Peugeot 207 Heat-ac-control-panel

Refitting is a reverse of the removal but take your time as clips can be easily damaged.

More info here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ontrols-18959/
vickyviking likes this.
willothewisp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-05-13, 10:16 AM   #4

Talking

Cheers, I was going to replace the entire thing because I thought it was one sealed unit but this looks easy enough to do.

Looks like I've got my weekend cut out for me!

Also, do you think this can be done safely without disconnecting the battery?
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-13, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
Cheers, I was going to replace the entire thing because I thought it was one sealed unit but this looks easy enough to do.

Looks like I've got my weekend cut out for me!

Also, do you think this can be done safely without disconnecting the battery?
Definitely disconnect the battery before starting any work, sorry should have said.
Old 17-05-13, 09:11 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willothewisp View Post
Had the same bulb failure on mine and all it needs are new bulbs.

You don't say what car you have but on my 207 display these are the bulbs I needed.

R284 12V W2.3W Indicator & Panel

The panel is a bit of a pain to get out but worth doing.

On my 207:
1 - remove the 2 vertical long centre console side trims by pulling carefully, they take some force but be careful.
2 - you will now see the torx screws holding the climate panel in so remove them
3 - unclip the storage above the panel, pulls out
4 - unclip the panel below with the lock buttons on
5 - the climate panel then unclips and from memory, when it's loose you need to push it back into the space in the dash, rotate it to undo the connectors and then withdraw it sideways. be careful not to scratch it during the process. It's hard to explain but the panel has to be pushed into the space, turned and then withdrawn to get it out.
6 - with the panel out the bulb holders then turn 90 degrees to release them and pull bulbs from the holders and replace them. there are only 2 bulbs to replace so may be worth replacing both of them

Rear of panel shown here:
Bartebben.com - Peugeot 207 Heat-ac-control-panel

Refitting is a reverse of the removal but take your time as clips can be easily damaged.

More info here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ontrols-18959/
Do you know if these fit the panel on a 206 cc? I tried my local dealer who wanted to charge 3 each and I wanted seven to replace the ones in the clock and the climate control panel.
mjbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-13, 10:15 AM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks willothewisp!

I have a 2009 207SW, so your instructions will work for me as well. Suddenly one of the light started working again, but 2 new bulbs are on their way, so i'll try to change them anyways.
anderskri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-13, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbrooke View Post
Do you know if these fit the panel on a 206 cc? I tried my local dealer who wanted to charge 3 each and I wanted seven to replace the ones in the clock and the climate control panel.
Hi, I wouldn't be able to say 100% as I have never seen the 206 one but from the pic below they look the same and it has 3 bulbs, not 2 as in the 207.

Bartebben.com - Peugeot 206 Heat-ac-control-panel

Other option is to take it out and take the bulb in to a motor factors or halfords, most decent places stock them. The dealer will be expensive as he'll probably supply the bulbs with the plastic holder in a nice bag.
Old 21-05-13, 11:42 AM   #9

I've bought the bulbs in their holder for 1.13 each from my local dealers.
Old 04-01-15, 10:49 PM   #10
Inactive User

My climate control display dimmed completely for no apparent reason last week, l've searched the web and stumbled across this thread.
I know its been a while since the whole thread began,but l just want to thank willothewisp for illustrating how to replace the burnt-out bulbs and stating their code/type so that buying the replacement was an easy task. Man, Those bulbs are really tiny!!

The only tricky part was not to break the clips holding the 2 "vertical side strips" while pulling them out.

This thread has helped me as well
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ontrols-18959/

I added those red circles to show where the screws are. Its also necessary to remove the screws overlying those two yellow bits to remove the part beneath the climate control as well.

Last edited by Moe86; 04-01-15 at 10:54 PM.
Moe86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in