Central Locking Inactive, Car Does Not Start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-15, 12:42 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Two0seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Question Central Locking Inactive, Car Does Not Start

Hi gang,

I had my car serviced last week and it drove home fine. It sat there over the bank holiday weekend and then when I came to drive it again my keyfob would not work. The car unlocked manually but when I put the key in the ignition it wouldn't turn over. Only once when first I turned the key it flashed up on dash display 'Anti-theft Active' or something like that. Now it just flashes an exclamation mark icon and battery icon when I attempt to turn it over. Oddly the wipers came on randomly a few times also. If I open the door with the key in the ignition I can hear a kind of electronic knocking sound repeating over and over.

I have tried my spare key with the same result, so I am assuming maybe it's the main battery causing it, but I'm no expert.

Does anybody know what may have happened?
Two0seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-15, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two0seven View Post
Hi gang,

I had my car serviced last week and it drove home fine. It sat there over the bank holiday weekend and then when I came to drive it again my keyfob would not work. The car unlocked manually but when I put the key in the ignition it wouldn't turn over. Only once when first I turned the key it flashed up on dash display 'Anti-theft Active' or something like that. Now it just flashes an exclamation mark icon and battery icon when I attempt to turn it over. Oddly the wipers came on randomly a few times also. If I open the door with the key in the ignition I can hear a kind of electronic knocking sound repeating over and over.

I have tried my spare key with the same result, so I am assuming maybe it's the main battery causing it, but I'm no expert.

Does anybody know what may have happened?
Try this first matey.
get in the car

turn ignition on (dont start engine) & hold down lock button for 20 seconds

turn off & take out the key

put key back in

turn to same position as before and hold lock button for 5 seconds

take out key(wait 1 min)

get out of the car

lock the door with the actual key (don't press buttons to lock it!)

open the car with the button

Last edited by shep64; 01-09-15 at 02:28 PM.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-15, 02:51 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Two0seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Default

Cheers Shep,

Really appreciate your input, I'll go and try this out now. Fingers crossed!

We also just went out and bought some jump leads to test the battery. I will keep you posted.
Two0seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-15, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
storeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oldham, UK
Posts: 5,906
Default

The re-synch might get your remote locking working but it sounds like the BSI has lost the key details so it's not unlocking the ECU. May need your key reprogramming with PP2000 or Diagbox. You will need the security PIN for programming the key if that is what's needed.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 01-09-15 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-15, 04:23 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Two0seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Thumbs up

Back...

The key-fob trick didn't work. Rigged up the jump leads and she started, everything on the dash lit up again. Drove to town and back no problem. Noted that my keyfob locked the door on returning so definitely battery related. Quickly popped in to Kwik Fit in town who wanted 137.55 for a new battery... sod that mate! Gonna order me one online instead, might even fit it myself, although I'm not too sure how easy this is?

Thank you for the input my friends

Last edited by Two0seven; 01-09-15 at 04:26 PM.
Two0seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-15, 07:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two0seven View Post
Back...

The key-fob trick didn't work. Rigged up the jump leads and she started, everything on the dash lit up again. Drove to town and back no problem. Noted that my keyfob locked the door on returning so definitely battery related. Quickly popped in to Kwik Fit in town who wanted 137.55 for a new battery... sod that mate! Gonna order me one online instead, might even fit it myself, although I'm not too sure how easy this is?

Thank you for the input my friends
Try Europarts....cheaper by a mile.http://www.eurocarparts.com/

Last edited by shep64; 01-09-15 at 07:13 PM.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-15, 10:38 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Two0seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep64 View Post
Cheers mate,

I did look in to them but ended up finding the one I wanted was 5 cheaper on advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk. Plumped for a Bosch S4 (with 4 Year Guarantee). Was only 68.

Last edited by Two0seven; 02-09-15 at 10:40 PM.
Two0seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-15, 06:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two0seven View Post
Cheers mate,

I did look in to them but ended up finding the one I wanted was 5 cheaper on advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk. Plumped for a Bosch S4 (with 4 Year Guarantee). Was only 68.
Not a bad price at all,one to remember for the future
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 06:30 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 43
Default

hi, just got a 207, and had the same sort of fault with both of my keys
car would not start and dash said 'Anti-theft Active' then something like remote battery low
I've check the Key Fob batteries and they are 3V so should be ok

did the new battery fix your problem ?
goatie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.