|Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise|
|06-04-19, 02:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2019
Car starting problem 207 1.4vti petrol engine
Hi all .... I am seeking help from you guys in relation to my sons 207 which is presently not running .... It's a 2008 model .... hereís a list of what has happened ....
- car has been running fine for the last 2 years. Itís done about 70k miles
- he has one key and it was falling apart and eventually he got stranded as the transponder chip was not telling the car the key was there (anti theft alert on dashboard)
- whilst trying to start the car whilst anti theft alert was showing the battery died.
- economy mode came up on the dashboard
- key was repaired by a key specialist and car started and drive for a few days - no problems - all back to normal
- after a few days he went to the car one morning and it wouldnít start. It turned over and tried to fire up but never did. The battery died again after repeated attempts to start.
- thought it would be the key but had it checked and itís fine. No anti theft alert is shown on the dashboard. Also -the car recognised the key as if left in the ignition and the door is opened we get the reminder beeps to remove the key.
- as the battery is flat we are also displaying economy mode again
- Iíve checked all fuses in the glove box and under the bonnet and all seem to be good
- had an auto electrician around who plugged in and it generated some codes but he couldnít help beyond the diagnosis codes
-codes showing are u2000 remote controlled triggering fault main triggering request on the can: open circuit coherence ..... p0463 fuel level information received from the BSI fault open circuit ...... p1693 controlled engine starting and stopping reception anomaly fault incorrect value received ..... p0014 exhaust camshaft dephasing fault coherence
- 2 more codes ..... u1108 no communications with the engine management ecu no signal ...... p0562 ecu low supply voltage
- car has been taken to a local auto electrics garage who have been less than good ..... they say the engine is busted and has no compression ...... no further details from them at this time ..... but I canít belive that is the case
So ...... could this be a timing issue / and ecu issue / something caused by the battery dying or the remote transponder not working
Any help will be appreciated.
|06-04-19, 02:54 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2016
Cambelt could have snapped,= no compression.
take off oil filler cap turn engine over with help from 2nd person look at the cam lobes to see if they turn.
|06-04-19, 06:44 PM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: west midlands
i would be taking the cover off and checking the timing first, you dont need the locking tools for a visual just use a bent wire to set crank position and make sure flats are up on cams.
Last edited by stripe88; 06-04-19 at 06:48 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Peugeot 207 1.4VTi Sport||damers2000||eBay and Craigslist Items||0||31-05-17 05:39 PM|
|207 1.4vti timing chain replacement||pug_luke||207||4||27-03-16 05:57 PM|
|1.4vti EML on and wont fire up||Hugh1981||308 (2007-2014)||2||31-01-15 07:42 PM|
|57 plate 1.4vti anti theft fault||Hugh1981||308 (2007-2014)||2||19-04-14 11:16 AM|
|ABS/EPS Lights Intermittent Peugeot 308 1.4VTi (2010)||Calumben||General Discussion||2||27-08-13 09:37 PM|