Car clocking up more mileage than its doing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-18, 09:43 AM   #1

Posted this the other day....

Got 207 2008 estate,, 53475 miles, 1.4 petrol.. Private dealer,, drove out of show room, engine management light came on,, they said would turn it off, they did without looking at car,, came on again,, in a week car as used 120 of fuel for in around 400 miles... Car was hooked up to diagnostic computer saying,, p0014 exhaust camshalf dephesting fault coherence and p0368 exhaust cylinder reference sensor signal fault coherence.. Could someone please explain this more fully,, as iam getting every excuse from the car sale and getting fobbed off,, thank you very much....

How the car is saying on the recorded mileage, not just the trip miles,, a journey that is normally 16miles and is 16 miles on Google maps, but my car is saying its 40 miles.. Any idea what would be causing this?
Miles on the car when I got it 53475 miles 10 days later 54395... Saying that I have done 920 miles in 10 days... I would do 20/30 miles a day if that...
Thank you

Last edited by Rockin; 10-06-18 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Mileage
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-18, 09:59 AM   #2

Is it reading miles or KM

If its not right take it back
Old 10-06-18, 10:22 AM   #3

This is very confusing. You start by saying the car has done 43000 miles then you say it's done 53475 miles when you got it.

As above, if it's not right, take it back.

Assuming you are in the UK, there is plenty of consumer protection legislation which covers you. It's down to the dealer who sold it to sort out, not you.

Last edited by Brilec; 10-06-18 at 10:24 AM.
Brilec is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-18, 10:33 AM   #4

My mistake, didn't have correct mileage at time of writing.
Mileage on car when I got it read 53475 then I drove he car which how reads 54395,, saying that I have done 920miles,, which I haven't.. I have only done about 400 if that. Car dealer refusing to take it back and I would like to get as much information as possible to back me up.
The car is in mph.

Last edited by Rockin; 10-06-18 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Mileage
Old 10-06-18, 03:36 PM   #5

They are legally in the wrong if they dont take it back it must be fit for purpose and free from major defects its not simple as that
Old 10-06-18, 06:26 PM   #6

if you paid by card you could speak to them, i had to do a chargeback once because of faulty goods and they were great about it.

But if no joy at least get them to put a new chain on, the prince engine is a pig for broken chain guides.

no idea on milage thing.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-18, 08:58 PM   #7

Thank you,, going to registered peugeot garage for list of everything that's wrong and then solicitor, payed with debit card think they do a charge back, but it dose take longer than the credit card.. And I've said to a couple of ones about the mileage thing and they've never heard of it.. 1st for me also, thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in