Burning up oil, engine management light on and depollution system faulty message - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-18, 11:36 AM   #1

Default Burning up oil, engine management light on and depollution system faulty message

So I just bought a Peugeot 207 1.6 vti, year 2008. I'm sorry if my english isn't the best. So, i bought it on thursday and all was fine, next day, white-ish, blue-ish smoke starts pouring out of the exhaust after I made barely 100km with it. Then, engine management light comes on and so does the depollution system faulty message (the message probably came on because of the smoke). I take it to a nearby mechanic and he, without even looking at the engine, says it's the head gasket and i was unsure, so i took it to another mechanic. He's also not convinced that it's the head gasket, so he said he's gonna do a compression check. Today, i went back there and he said the head gasket is fine, the compression check was also good (so that means the piston rings are fine aswell?), and that there's no leaks. He said it's burning unusual amounts of oil in the catalytic converter, hence the smoke. He also said the car is going to be a money pit and it would be best to get rid of it. So what exactly is the problem in the car? Is it worth fixing? Please help
Juliettkopp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-11-18, 12:21 PM   #2

Car needs to go on a diagnostic machine to see what the fault codes are.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130

But to be honest I'd say take it back and get a refund.
Old 21-11-18, 02:12 PM   #3

I'll try to do that. But I don't think the person I bought it from would be willing to take it back. So my only options are figuring out what it is and fixing it or selling it to another person.
Juliettkopp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in