Brake Lights not working. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-15, 09:49 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 26
Default Brake Lights not working.

Hey guys. My 3 brake lights stop working I have checked the fuses and they are ok. A bit of research and the other most common issue would be the brake light switch, which is supposed to be behind the glove compartment. I had a look underneath, and I can see a green thing but it's very hard to reach.

The car is a 2007 207 1.6 hdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 18-04-15, 10:09 PM   #2
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Hey guys. My 3 brake lights stop working I have checked the fuses and they are ok. A bit of research and the other most common issue would be the brake light switch, which is supposed to be behind the glove compartment. I had a look underneath, and I can see a green thing but it's very hard to reach.

The car is a 2007 207 1.6 hdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.
The brake light switch is only 10.00 to buy for the 207 you need to push back the seat and work upside down so to speak. also then turn it to take it out

Last edited by Michaelk207; 18-04-15 at 10:13 PM.
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-15, 11:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Hey guys. My 3 brake lights stop working I have checked the fuses and they are ok. A bit of research and the other most common issue would be the brake light switch, which is supposed to be behind the glove compartment. I had a look underneath, and I can see a green thing but it's very hard to reach.

The car is a 2007 207 1.6 hdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.
6.29 from Europarts matey.
Peugeot | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 19-04-15, 01:44 PM   #4
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelk207 View Post
The brake light switch is only 10.00 to buy for the 207 you need to push back the seat and work upside down so to speak. also then turn it to take it out

Its very tight from underneath, can reach it but can't see what I am doing and because I don't know exactly how to remove it I think I'm going to have to remove the glove compartment.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-15, 04:35 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Its very tight from underneath, can reach it but can't see what I am doing and because I don't know exactly how to remove it I think I'm going to have to remove the glove compartment.
You don't need to remove the glovebox there is a cover under the glovebox that blocks your view it's just a small piece of carpet that you can remove and then use a torch if you still don't know here is a link that might help you

Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location. - The FIAT Forum
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-15, 09:28 PM   #6
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelk207 View Post
You don't need to remove the glovebox there is a cover under the glovebox that blocks your view it's just a small piece of carpet that you can remove and then use a torch if you still don't know here is a link that might help you

Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location. - The FIAT Forum

Thank you, that was really helpful, managed to remove the switch and turns out the spring mechanism was jammed couldn't fix it but picking one up tomorrow for 6, think I just saved a lot of 's, many thanks.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-15, 11:00 PM   #7
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thank you, that was really helpful, managed to remove the switch and turns out the spring mechanism was jammed couldn't fix it but picking one up tomorrow for 6, think I just saved a lot of 's, many thanks.
You are welcome, now you know how to remove it good luck with your car
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-19, 03:41 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
LeeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Default

I've got the same problem but my high level brake light still works. Took out the green switch in the passenger foot well and put it back in but I don't think it's this as the high level brake light obviously still works.
LeeUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-19, 04:20 PM   #9
Moderator
 
noddy-hol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: huntingdon.ish
Posts: 2,196
Default

Hi...have you checked the bulbs ?sorry if you have but start with the basics first...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-19, 06:59 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
LeeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy-hol View Post
Hi...have you checked the bulbs ?sorry if you have but start with the basics first...
Hi I did check the bulbs by trying some spare bulbs I had lying around. Turns out they were dud too. Bought some new bulbs and lights are now working.

Strange how they both failed at the same time.
LeeUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.