bizzare electric behavior - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-18, 11:15 PM   #1

Default bizzare electric behavior

I have aftermarket head unit (2din jvc with android auto), been using it for the past 2 weeks or so with no problems, and all of a sudden since yesterday things started getting weird.

the unit is wired to ignition using standard harness, and permanent12v through a piggyback to the alarm fuse (the car cuts off 'permanent' 12v in eco mode, which is rather annoying).

well, since yesterday, the head unit turns on as soon as I unlock the doors, resets (momentary power cut) every few minutes while driving, and stays on after turning off the engine and taking the key for another minute or so, until there's audible 'click' from around the fusebox/body control module. so seems like the car randomly decided to completely change the way it feeds the power to the 'ignition' wires.

anybody ever heard of similar issue? anything I could do to fix it?
Advertisement

Old 06-06-18, 11:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaracki View Post
I have aftermarket head unit (2din jvc with android auto), been using it for the past 2 weeks or so with no problems, and all of a sudden since yesterday things started getting weird.

the unit is wired to ignition using standard harness, and permanent12v through a piggyback to the alarm fuse (the car cuts off 'permanent' 12v in eco mode, which is rather annoying).

well, since yesterday, the head unit turns on as soon as I unlock the doors, resets (momentary power cut) every few minutes while driving, and stays on after turning off the engine and taking the key for another minute or so, until there's audible 'click' from around the fusebox/body control module. so seems like the car randomly decided to completely change the way it feeds the power to the 'ignition' wires.

anybody ever heard of similar issue? anything I could do to fix it?
1) No idea on the cut-outs
2) It sounds very much like the coming on on unlocking and staying on for a while after ignition off/key out, is due to the 'ignition' line to the HU coming from a BSI controlled source rather than a 'true', directly key controlled, source. This is the case in my 206.
Old 06-06-18, 02:06 PM   #3

yeah, question is what happened that the behavior of BSI controlled 'ignition' line has completely changed, and what can I do about it?

I ordered a cheap pp2000/lexia interface off ebay, should get it some time next week and see if reset helps.

Old 06-06-18, 04:43 PM   #4

Quote:
yeah, question is what happened that the behavior of BSI controlled 'ignition' line has completely changed, and what can I do about it?

I ordered a cheap pp2000/lexia interface off ebay, should get it some time next week and see if reset helps.
done the same with my head unit and it does the same, for a bout 10mins of driving it switches off and then restarts after that it stays on..be interested to hear your findings on this more when you get pp2000 though..
Old 06-06-18, 04:46 PM   #5

I'm thinking of trying a different permanent live from the fusebox as there are a couple of more to try instead of the Alarm fuse to piggy back onto..maybe that might be the cause of the on off situation for a few mins ???
Old 06-06-18, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9007 View Post
I'm thinking of trying a different permanent live from the fusebox as there are a couple of more to try instead of the Alarm fuse to piggy back onto..maybe that might be the cause of the on off situation for a few mins ???
100% not the problem with alarm fuse. If hu loses power on this wire it resets to default. Problem is with bsi-controlled 'ignition' wire. Will check it tomorrow anyway.

EDIT:

All of a sudden instead of 'ignition' it became 'awake'. I can hear another audible click from bsi when I turn the key to acc or off, which means the bsi is switching 'something' and for some reason forgot about existence of this particular power rail. Tomorrow will get my multimeter out to try and find different power rails from the fusebox which will work OK, and if not, then will probably wait for PP2000 to reset/reprogram the bsi and go from there.

btw @steve9007 where in cornwall are you from?

Last edited by zbaracki; 06-06-18 at 11:07 PM.
zbaracki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-18, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:
100% not the problem with alarm fuse. If hu loses power on this wire it resets to default. Problem is with bsi-controlled 'ignition' wire. Will check it tomorrow anyway.

EDIT:

All of a sudden instead of 'ignition' it became 'awake'. I can hear another audible click from bsi when I turn the key to acc or off, which means the bsi is switching 'something' and for some reason forgot about existence of this particular power rail. Tomorrow will get my multimeter out to try and find different power rails from the fusebox which will work OK, and if not, then will probably wait for PP2000 to reset/reprogram the bsi and go from there.

btw @steve9007 where in cornwall are you from?
ok thats interesting, which wire did your piggy perm live go to i connected mine to the Yellow and left the red connected to the original wiring loom..

I live in St Merryn close to Padstow.
Old 07-06-18, 11:30 PM   #8

yellow (battery) to the alarm fuse, red (ignition) to the standard wiring harness.
my HU when loses power on yellow, on the next boot-up shows config screen. this was happening a lot when I had yellow wire connected to the harness, as the bsi was cutting it off to save energy. since wiring it to the alarm fuse no more resets and it was all working as intended until one day when the red/ignition decided to completely change the way it works. didn't get to it today so probably will get on it tomorrow.

my HU: JVC KW-M730BT

St Austell here
Old 08-06-18, 06:39 AM   #9

I just don’t get it, what’s even more weird is that after a while of driving it doesn’t do it for the rest of the day. I find that really odd and that no one else other than us have this issue, are we the only ones in the Pug world that have this issue. We have different HU as well, I got Pioneer AVH HU.
Old 08-06-18, 02:25 PM   #10

so far I noticed that it often doesn't reset at all during daytime, but at night happens like every 2 minutes. the only difference is my headlights are on during night time...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in