Battery not charging/electrical supply fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-15, 08:01 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Battery not charging/electrical supply fault

Hi,
I am a newbie here so nice to meet you all! I have been reading up on this fault over the last week trying to find a solution on the internet. I myself had this message appear last week. I had been doing some MOT repairs (new front coil spring, new wheel cylinders) and I also changed the gear box oil as I managed to lose quite a bit when the drive shaft dropped out. Anyway I took it for a drive round the block just to give it a bit of a run before I booked it back into the MOT station and this message popped up. Given that the car hadn't driven for a while it didn't take long before the car conked out on me. When I tried to start the engine everything just flickered on the dash board and there was a lot of clicking noises.

I have checked with a multimeter and the alternator isn't outputting to the battery, with the engine running the voltage drops to about 10V after start up then continues to deplete as the electronics in the car use up the juice. There is however continuity between the positive on the battery and the B+ on the alternator. Belt is still intact.

I just wondered if there is anything I might have missed before I shell out for a new alternator, it just seems strange that it should stop working just like that!

Thanks in advance.
Tamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-15, 10:02 AM   #2

check earth connections to battery
Old 09-11-15, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hi thanks for reply. Forgot to mention the car is a 06 reg 207 1.4 sport. Would I test for a bad earth with a multimeter?

Old 13-11-15, 11:11 AM   #4
Inactive User

Hi. I remember clicking sounds (maybe similar to yours) when my battery was dead.
Here is video when my pug was not starting. https://youtu.be/gnwUV519mpw There was no Eco mode indication and battery seemed fine.
But it was almost dead- start capacity was below 25%, that's why it could not turn on.
Also i can mention that it was original Varta battery and it lasted about 9 years
So i changed the battery and its fine again. Rollin
insdeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-15, 11:50 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi,
As far as I can tell problem solved, alternator purchased from French Connection salvage, there is now 14V at battery. Cheers
Old 27-11-15, 01:44 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks for the update
leegsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in