Battery keeps going flat on Peugeot 207 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-19, 01:00 PM   #1

Angry Battery keeps going flat on Peugeot 207

Hi, I have a Peugeot 207 (2007) 1.4 litre that's got about 60,000 miles on the clock.

A few weeks back I tried to start the car and the battery was completely dead - wouldn't turn over or anything. I therefore jumpstarted it and it seemed to work fine - I went for a long drive and everything was fine. I just assumed that I may have accidentally left the lights on or something.

However, after being at home I looked out my window and noticed that the windscreen washer fluid was firing by itself - the car had been on the driveway for about an hour and engine was completely off and I hadn't left anything on. I concluded that this must have forced the battery to run flat when I wasn't driving it.

I therefore decided to disconnect the washer fluid fuse and hoped that would solve the problem. However, the next day the car was completely flat yet again. It's worth noting that the battery inside the car is only a few months old.

I have since changed the battery and the car worked for about 1 week with no problems. Now, the battery has gone again - jumpstarted again and everything was fine. I went back to the car about an hour later and the battery was completely flat. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

After parking up I could hear a sort of buzz inside the car that sounded electrical even if the engine is turned off. I think there must be something inside it that is making something electrical turn on in the car even when it is off.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone had this problem before? Please help it's an absolute faff having to jumpstart my car every time I drive it and risk being stranded in Morrsions car park!!!!
danlewis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-05-19, 11:19 AM   #2

Have a search for "water ingress".
Old 30-05-19, 11:31 AM   #3

Why? o.O

Old 30-05-19, 11:36 AM   #4

Check if your battery is charging properly. Since you didn't have problems for 1 week with a new battery, it looks like charging is not enough. Go to some specialized battery store to check if your car charge properly.
mara- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-19, 12:17 PM   #5

Water getting into the fuse box is apparently a common problem with the 207.
https://youtu.be/qResJn6gNec

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
muscleriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-19, 12:39 PM   #6

Thanks very much for this. It’d make sense because often times when there has been a lot of rain I can sometimes hear water sloshing about under the left hand side of the bonnet when going round a corner. It may be causing the electrics to turn on when the car isn’t on.

The video has no speech so it’s quite hard to gauge what I should be looking at. It looks as if one of the things he unplugged looks like it was quite badly water damaged. Can you give me any more pointers?

I’ll have a look anyway to if there I can see any damage myself and report back. Thanks again
Old 01-06-19, 03:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlewis97 View Post
Thanks very much for this. Itíd make sense because often times when there has been a lot of rain I can sometimes hear water sloshing about under the left hand side of the bonnet when going round a corner. It may be causing the electrics to turn on when the car isnít on.

The video has no speech so itís quite hard to gauge what I should be looking at. It looks as if one of the things he unplugged looks like it was quite badly water damaged. Can you give me any more pointers?

Iíll have a look anyway to if there I can see any damage myself and report back. Thanks again

The water you hear sloshing around might be caused by a blocked drain hole near the windshield. Simple fix - lift up the plastic trim and find the hole and clear.

s4td is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in