Automatic locking.. cant relax - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-15, 07:33 PM   #1

Default Automatic locking.. cant relax

Hi all !
I recently swallowed my pride and posted that my car keys were locked in my car due to auto locking function. I have since tried in vain to disable this function and wondering if anyone else has had same issue. Ive tried pressing the button on dash and even though it says auto locking inactive as soon as I close driver door it locks full car. I tried plugging into my peugeot planet but cannot work out which BSI section if any can disable this function. Can anyone possibly advise if it can be done ?
I keep a spare key in the house as backup but when out in car Im a nervous wreck in case I close the door with keys in car

Its peugeot 207 sw 1.6 hdi 90bhp 2009
GR8GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-11-15, 07:36 PM   #2
Ginger Magic

Hi, try Test by ECU - BSI - Configuration - Customer Options - Locking/unlocking.

Keys being locked in happens to a lot of PSA cars, I leave my drivers door 'on the latch' if the keys are inside, just in case...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-15, 07:57 PM   #3

Hi Thanks for swift reply ! I can only access the BSI menu as when I run global test on PP2000 there is no communication with ecu on this car. If i click on the ecu field after test it gives me a message to contact technical assistance platform or something very similar. Have had lots of pugs and never had problem with pp not reading ecu.
Anyway I did toggle the BSI menu few times and definitely seen a locking section but just cannot work out what im meant to do to disable it.
Is there anywhere online to find step by step instructions or do you possibly know what needs done ?

Old 18-11-15, 08:14 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

Okay, I must admit I've had no problems reading a 207 ECU on my old PP2000 ( so far.... )

If you do a Global scan, when you scroll down to the BSI ECU you click it to give you the BSI menu screen, scroll down to 'Configuration' and click it. This will open a second screen and you should find a 'Customer Options' heading, click this. The next screen should give you the 'Passenger Compartment' heading about halfway down.
Then you will have yet another screen with headings such as locking/unlocking, lighting, etc - click the locking/unlocking heading. One of the next headings should say something like 'Auto-deadlocking of the vehicle', if you highlight this there may be a short sentence at the bottom of the screen telling you what this feature does. You may need to find a similarly worded line like 'Auto relocking' or whatever until you find the right one..
If you change the option from 'Present' to 'Absent' and then saving this configuration by pressing F1 ( I think - check the bottom left of the screen ) and then the program will guide you through the rest.

I'm more used to doing 406s, so some menus are different for a later car but the principle should be the same.
Old 18-11-15, 08:44 PM   #5

Ok thanks that sounds promising
Ill charge up the PP laptop and give it a go after work tomorrow.
If this doesnt cure it Im going to think about selling it as my nerves cant take the strain
Old 18-11-15, 09:14 PM   #6
Ginger Magic

Its quite common ( my old 406 did it once but luckily my window was down.. ) and if you leave the keys in the ignition when disconnecting the battery you may find yourself locked out.

Try to get in the habit of either removing the keys, or leaving the door on the latch...
Old 19-11-15, 11:26 AM   #7
Inactive User

i think you are confusing two different systems

autolocking by pushing and holding the button activates / deactivates the "auto lock when you drive over 6mph) feature

the car will still autolock itself if you dont open a door in a certain timeframe even if this option is disabled
GR8GUY likes this.
sianderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-11-15, 04:57 PM   #8

That is correct the autolocking when moving is disabled by the button.

The auto locking you are experiencing is part of the alarm system i have only seen a couple of cars that actually do it you may need to disable it in the alarm system.
GR8GUY likes this.
Old 19-11-15, 05:36 PM   #9
Ginger Magic

I stand corrected - I said some cars were different..
GR8GUY likes this.
Old 19-11-15, 10:56 PM   #10

Thanks for replies !
I ran pp2000 global test again this evening and still no communication with ecu. The message is contact technical assistance platform by email and provide ecu reference (ecu label). There were no faults found with BSI on test
Anyway I went through BSI menu -customer options - locking/unlocking and found single locking and deadlocking. I chose inactive for both.
I then went to alarm section but it says alarm missing.I think it was under ecu section though and as no communication with ecu im not sure if its correct.
I unplugged laptop got out the car crossed my fingers and closed the door and.....it still auto locked
Im stumped with the ecu communication. Any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in