Anyone had a grinding noise on ignition? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-02-13, 09:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Anyone had a grinding noise on ignition?

hey all,

probly being a dumbass but just want a few more opinions before I go buy a new starter.

When i turn the ignition im gettin a loud grinding noise for between half a second to two seconds. its when the key is fully turned and seems to stop as soon as the engine starts. Its coming from pretty much bang centre of the engine i think, possibly a little to near side, and it causes no problems when running.

its actually kind of a grind and then a clunk...

maybe im just confusing the issue.

Anyway the biggest question is how long can i go like this ..? I dont get paid till thu and I'm absolutely skint so no chance of gettin it fixed by then... Should I just keep her off the road? or is just a case of the starters knackered anyway, so who cares (???)

Thanks for any advice...

Also it possibly started after I hit a massive pothole at like 30... (That also set my hazards off, which was weird as hell)
castor83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-13, 10:46 PM   #2
Inactive User

does sound like the starter is sticking. shouldnt be too much of a trouble until it actually goes

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-02-13, 02:50 AM   #3

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor83 View Post
Also it possibly started after I hit a massive pothole at like 30... (That also set my hazards off, which was weird as hell)
I had my hazards go off after an emergency braking situation where I had to pretty much stand on the pedal & hope for the best. Perhaps there is some sort of accelerometer assisted impact detection thing that went off?
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-02-13, 09:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
I had my hazards go off after an emergency braking situation where I had to pretty much stand on the pedal & hope for the best. Perhaps there is some sort of accelerometer assisted impact detection thing that went off?
I have heard of some cars which automatically switch on the hazards when braking hard as an extra warning to anyone following. Can't say whether Peugeot implement this as a feature though. It does seem like it is a possibility on at least yours
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-13, 02:36 AM   #5
Inactive User

Ugh!

Got a new starter for half price from euro parts as my mate owns a garage. He swaped it out for me for nothing... Except the flywheel is completely knackered apparently.

I've been doing a bit of reading and I should of seen it coming as I've definately felt shuddering in the clutch and it going stiff from time to time. Problem is I really didn;t know anything about cars until this grindin started and i started doing a bit of research.

Frm what I can gather it's a bitch of a job to get to the flywheel and I guess I need a new clutch (or will do shortly) so I figure I might aswell change them both at the same time???

It is a major pain as I really cant afford it.

I also cant seem to find a flywheel anywhere for my car to order it up, so if anyone knows anywhere I would greatly appreciate it. I found one for 90 used but not sure whether buyin a used one is a good idea (?)

I'm also what kind of labour time for changing the flywheel and clutch as I'm sure my friend would offer to do it for me (because he knows im skint) but I cant let him if its gonna take all day, cause he's got a business to run.

I really love this car, but the damn thing is a lemon. I;ve had it two years and already had 4 new discs and pads, a fuel rail sensor (although that mechanic may have screwed me on that - that was a "anti pollution faulty" error code and as it kept cutting out I took it into nearest garage to me who relieved me of 320) and about a million bulbs!!

I got it off my mum whos a driving instructor, she had it 3 odd years and it had a new clutch six months or so before I bought it off her. (i think that was a Mr Clutch jobby too so maybe they ballsed it all up)

Stil... It uses like no diesel at all and costs sod all in tax
castor83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-13, 12:03 PM   #6

Could try here http://www.frenchspares.com/findus.html or http://www.247spares.co.uk/browse/ge...FUbKtAodNWoA6A

Last edited by shep64; 02-03-13 at 12:08 PM.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in