Anti Pollution - update! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-17, 04:23 PM   #1

Default Anti Pollution - update!

Hi all
Pug 207 1.4 petrol 2007
I wonít go through through the 3 month back story as we are all fed up with the Anti Pollution Fault saga...
Today I bit the bullet and had the fault read at a PEUGEOT garage.
The outcome is that O2 sensor is causing the fault. I explained Iíd already had 2 new sensors but the mechanic explained that as they are not Peugeot sensors they are not being recognised and are therefore throwing up the fault/code. I can believe this but am still unsure if this is what is making the car run so badly. It misfires and struggles with power, seems like you have to pass a certain Ďdead spotí when accelerating before I get any oomph!
I just wanted to check that before I pay out over £300 that this could be causing that problem? Thank you!
LouRam70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-11-17, 04:39 PM   #2

well i just changed the post cat sensor on the daughters with a cheap ebay job, works a treat, but it is the pre cat sensor thats the important one(and more expensive)

but did have problems as the old senso,r was to tight for my breaker bar so had to go down garage and put it up on ramp and use heat.Came off but left its thread behind so had to run around searching for a m18 tap.

anyway did you get all the codes of them?
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-11-17, 06:09 PM   #3

I would not say the car is not recognising the part as such as the ecu is not that clever but the spec of the part may be radically different leading to the wrong input range being seen by the ecu BUT i would not be certain its the real issue it may be the only fault they are seeing that does not always mean it IS the only fault.

They will happily take your £300 and say off you trot and if the fault comes back will simply say we need to do another diagnostic and charge you again !!

Old 24-11-17, 06:39 PM   #4

Reliable 406, thatís my worry. I can barely afford the £300 so for it not to solve the issue would be awful ? I really donít know what to do next. I canít keep paying out in the hope that the issue is fixed. The only reason I went to Peugeot is because I was informed that only Peugeot could get to the bottom of this and that their code readers would pinpoint the exact fault ?
Old 24-11-17, 07:07 PM   #5

Peugeot are probably the worst place to go

The dealers have targets to meet and are only really interested in selling you parts as for the technicians/diagnostics tools as with everything its all down to how good the tech is and if they know what the readings mean !!

Most mechanics in dealers are just fitters IE they dont do much real diagnostics just fit new parts !
Old 24-11-17, 08:49 PM   #6

Lol...
Then now Iím even more confused. The only advice I got on here when posting about the problem was to take it to Peugeot and not to trust anyone else ???
Old 24-11-17, 09:07 PM   #7

My advice would be to take it to someone who KNOWS peugeots that does not mean peugeot themselves.

They are saying its your lambda probe so you could just buy an original 1 and get someone else to fit it they are not hard to fit and look to be around £200 but it could still be wasted cash.
Old 25-11-17, 10:38 AM   #8

we had lambda code throw up years ago, but it was because of a timing fault,

i would first remove battery lead, pull main plugs from ecu and fusebox check for water, and clean/spray.
no idea if a bsi reset will do anything but worth a try.

next i would look for a genuine used sensor,ebay/scrappy?

are you sure no other codes were picked up?
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in