Anti-pollution system failure warning. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brinsfordale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-19, 10:11 PM   #1

Exclamation Anti-pollution system failure warning.

Iím going to keep this direct and to the point. This is an experience with my petrol 2010 207 verve 1.4 (73 bhp)

For the past few weeks, I noticed that when I started the car, it would idle at quite a low RPM and almost judder a bit.

Then a few days ago, I started it and it came up with an ĎAnti-Pollution System failureí warning with the engine warning light and it engaged limp home mode. My first thought was to check coolant, it was low but fine, it topped it up and it stayed the same (not head gasket related). It disengaged limp home mode on its next start up and drove fine and after about 10 miles or so, the engine warning light turned off but...

The next day, it did it all again. I checked coolant - all good. I check fuses - everything fine. I used my friends diagnostic tool which indicated the error codes P1336 and P1340. It again disengaged limp home mode and again after 10 miles was working fine again.

Then the day after that, I started it and with no warning light or anything, it was driving extremely sluggishly. With the error codes I thought okay, likely coil pack and the forth cylinder had stopped working but the next time I started the car, it drove fine again

I took it to the garage today (the day after the cylinder issue) and they found the same codes and concluded that worst case scenario it was coil pack but likely spark plug related (which if truth be told, hadnít entered my naive head). They replaced all spark plug and since then, Iíve noticed a change in power, a dramatic improvement in relation to fuel consumption and the car has completely cleared itself of any errors and is driving better than before.

I hope this might clear things up a bit if youíre in the same situation as me.
SiDthe Pug likes this.
brinsfordale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in