another power steering fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-18, 06:17 PM   #1

Default another power steering fault

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, l can see that we have something in common( issue with the electric power steering). My 207, 2011reg with less than 30000mileage failed 2wks ago (30/09/2018) & the light came up in the dashboard, the steering became very hard to control, thank God, l did not crash it when l drove it back home after this incidents. l knew this was a power steering issue, so l went to Halfords to get the power steering fluid, l was surprised when they told me that 2011 model doesn't use the fluid, so they advised that I take it to the a Peugeot dealer. l visited the peugeot authorized dealer for a check as advised, meanwhile l started browsing through the internet to see if l could get any info, then I stumble across this very helpful forum & discovered that I was not alone.. back to the Peugeot dealer: the diagnostic check was carried out BUT no fault code is discovered or recorded, l have asked why is that?, I was told bcos it is intermittent it does happen sometimes. I have contacted Peugeot uk customer service, they said they are happy to assist me in fixnig the fault out of a good will but later back down after speaking to the dealer because the diagnostic machine did not generate any FAULT CODE, but admitted there is a fault with the electric power steering, insisting that without a fault code they can not help.. The dealer is charging 95 for diagnosis that theye can't find fault code + over 500 to replace the faulty power steering rack..
Please, l need help on how to go about this as I'm in a cross road at the moment.
Any information given will greatly appreciated.

Last edited by noddy-hol; 15-10-18 at 06:26 PM. Reason: new thread started
ebonylinks20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in