Airbag/seatbelt tensioner warnig beep - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-19, 06:55 PM   #1

Unhappy Airbag/seatbelt tensioner warnig beep

I get a sporadic warning and beep,(don't know which side is giving the problem,suggestions welcome ?)sometimes 1 a journey,sometimes every couple of minutes,no error codes on my obd11 or on the garages proper jobby (no recorded history either !!) ive had the car 18 months,had to slam on to avoid junction runner (but no warnings etc) then couple weeks later the warnig/beeping started,beeps and flashes once with warning message in center screen,cables look ok no snag or freys.Any ideas as I don't want to let main dealer run a mock with ,ordered a multi meter to check seatbelt tensioner plug as right flow.thinkingSmilie List
of disconnecting the battery has a last resort.
simonnn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-19, 07:38 PM   #2

Whats a junction runner? What's your car? Mileage age etc..?
I have similar problem with seatbelt tensioner and sometimes airbag warning on my 96k 207 1.4L 2006 maybe once every other month. It seems fine when the back seatbelts are fastened. It's one of slightly irritating jobs i havent really got around to...none critical. Unlikely to fail on a mot. It can be alarming beeping away on the centre console, on the rare occasion it happens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
muscleriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-19, 11:21 AM   #3

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130

Old 01-10-19, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleriot View Post
Whats a junction runner? What's your car? Mileage age etc..?
I have similar problem with seatbelt tensioner and sometimes airbag warning on my 96k 207 1.4L 2006 maybe once every other month. It seems fine when the back seatbelts are fastened. It's one of slightly irritating jobs i havent really got around to...none critical. Unlikely to fail on a mot. It can be alarming beeping away on the centre console, on the rare occasion it happens.

Hi,
(junction runner) another vehicle that didn't stop at the junction when I had right of way (lol) I had to slam on to avoid hitting him.
2010 207cc 1.6 petrol 67000.
Old 01-10-19, 01:03 PM   #5

So I take it you think the sudden slamming on the brakes caused all these problems.
Interesting as your car is pretty low mileage.
Ok 1st warning in the haynes manual electrical section is not to go poking around with a multimeter on the SRS system as the airbags can explode and seatbelt pretensioners retract presumably due to the residual current of the multimeter.
In the bsi fusebox, which is located behind the glove box along with the BSI unit. Fuse F3 is the SRS fuse I would check it.
The Haynes manual says that's all you can do other than take it to a dealer to replace the BSI unit itself.
Personally I would locate a good match in the scrapyard which seems to have endless amounts of Peugeot 207s or on ebay and swap. It looks like I'll have to live with my niggling little problem.

Old 01-10-19, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
So I take it you think the sudden slamming on the brakes caused all these problems.
Interesting as your car is pretty low mileage.
Ok 1st warning in the haynes manual electrical section is not to go poking around with a multimeter on the SRS system as the airbags can explode and seatbelt pretensioners retract presumably due to the residual current of the multimeter.
In the bsi fusebox, which is located behind the glove box along with the BSI unit. Fuse F3 is the SRS fuse I would check it.
The Haynes manual says that's all you can do other than take it to a dealer to replace the BSI unit itself.
Personally I would locate a good match in the scrapyard which seems to have endless amounts of Peugeot 207s or on ebay and swap. It looks like I'll have to live with my niggling little problem.

Thanks for the warning,i was thinking of only testing the female end of the connecter underneath the seat to see if the flow is around 0.5 (or is that more or less what your saying not to do?).cant see it being the slam on bit has beeping and warning light that goes out straight away didnt start till some days after but that all I could put it down to if anything.
Old 01-10-19, 02:19 PM   #7

To check the connectors follow the general guides. Like this https://www.techtips.ie/eXponentia/s...agnostics.html
I think all the guides say disconnect the battery so no joy with measuring the voltage
There are plenty of other better guides on the web you just have to search

A multimeter can easily result in a detonation if precautions are not taken.

One thing all the guides say earthing points need to be free of corrosion or you'll get these intermittent faults, also that the connectors can easily become waterlogged and corroded so this can be accomplished by disconnecting the battery and taking out the SRS fuse and then checking all connections is my guess.

Personally if it's not too much of a bother I would live with it until it gets worse ( after doing the above and it doesn't fix it) unless you think it will fail the mot or its seriously bothering you
Apparently, One feature of all SRS systems is that the SRS light will stay on if there's even an intermittent fault and it will need to be cleared by a scan tool (although I think i cleared mine by disconnecting the battery!)

Last edited by muscleriot; 01-10-19 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-10-19, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
To check the connectors follow the general guides. Like this https://www.techtips.ie/eXponentia/s...agnostics.html
I think all the guides say disconnect the battery so no joy with measuring the voltage
There are plenty of other better guides on the web you just have to search

One thing all the guides say earthing points need to be free of corrosion or you'll get these intermittent faults, also that the connectors can easily become waterlogged and corroded so this can be accomplished by disconnecting the battery and taking out the SRS fuse and then checking all connections is my guess.

Personally if it's not too much of a bother I would live with it until it gets worse ( after doing the above and it doesn't fix it) unless you think it will fail the mot or its seriously bothering you
Apparently, One feature of all SRS systems is that the SRS light will stay on if there's even an intermittent fault and it will need to be cleared by a scan tool (although I think i cleared mine by disconnecting the battery!)
Thanks for all the info,already sprayed pre tensioner male female connecters under the seat with wd40 qd electrical contact cleaner,will check the f3 fuse (fuse box under dashboard ???) and will disconnect battery and clean +-,is that both terminals and for how long?.
Il check the techtips out.
Cheers.
Si.
Old 01-10-19, 04:32 PM   #9

Quote:

If the multimeter is set to resistance & you probe the 2 wires connected to an airbag or seatbelt pretensioner then prepare for a loud explosion & drain on your wallet to replace the fired component.

Most digital multimeters use a 9 volt PP3 battery inside & this is more then enough to fire the explosive charge.

Its an easy way of firing of old airbag / seatbelts before disposable.

Have you checked the battery & alternator voltage & charge rate?

The SRS has under / over voltage protection built in & if the electrical system voltage level isn't within spec the warning light will come on.

The 207 SRS is pretty simple, if everything is ok with the system at the ignition on pre start check the warning light will go out & the system is armed.

The system has constant fault monitoring built in while armed & if a fault is detected the warning light will come on & the system will then be disarmed.

Has it been scanned with Planet / Diagbox yet to check the SRS fault code memory as this would help pin point where to start looking.
muscleriot likes this.
Old 01-10-19, 04:40 PM   #10

Yes I cannot see my 2.50 multimeters from China which all have pp3 9-volt batteries doing anything but deliver thousands of pounds of damage. My brother has some expensive multimeters which give out less than 10mA on ohms but i wouldnt even try with them.

Im quite grateful this issue came up because fault finding is the sort of thing I would just try without regard to a manual normally and i would have been rewarded.by the detonation sounds of the srs system exploding! Only this thread has made me do some research before destruction!

Very valuable and interesting information about the battery voltage which obviously affect so many systems.

My battery is on its last legs only lasts 4-5 days without charge from the alternator and that would explain quite a lot of the intermittent nature of the SRS system fault warnings. Thanks Mr Lee.

Last edited by muscleriot; 01-10-19 at 04:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in