Aftermarket stereo - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-15, 08:39 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Aftermarket stereo

My mate bought a pioneer stereo for his 55 plate 207 today, we got the wiring and aerial connector that's all on fine, but it needs power. I was just wondering where's the bet place to cut into? Ciggy lighter? If so, what's the best way to get to it? Surely the wire runs down the back of the stereo with the loom, can someone show me pics of the right one? Or at least how to get the centre console out for me to get to it. I'd rather cut into it at the top for the obvious reason (less hassle).
Cheers guys.
Cobrathecure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-09-15, 08:41 PM   #2
Inactive User

Or if anyone knows what wire is the live from the standard stereo with pics. Any help would be much appreciated as a bit stuck! Lol
Cobrathecure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-15, 07:37 AM   #3

If you have the correct loom adapter there should be no reason to go searching for a live supply. The Live / Switched Live and BSI controlled live are all present in the Quadlock. A multimeter or 12v test lamp/screwdriver will help identifying them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-09-15, 04:38 PM   #4

ITS best not to cut ANYTHING as storeman says what you need is there BUT it may not work as you intend and if you do mess with the wiring its very easy to end up with a car that no longer starts !
Old 22-09-15, 05:33 PM   #5

Plug identifiers are on this page (scroll down a bit)

RT3 fiche différentes... - Autoradio - Electronique embarquée - FORUM Forum-Peugeot

It's in French but should be clear and allows the comparison of the different feeds for a quad lock plug and the ISO plugs. I would highly recommend a stalk interface though as it will give the switched live feed and permanent feed and the VAN interface to allow for auto-dimming and save a lot of hassle

If you decide to take a live feed, take it from pin 16 on the diagnostic plug and it's then easy to thread it through behind the dash to the back of the radio.
Gibbo likes this.
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-15, 09:38 PM   #6
Inactive User

If you fit an after market stereo you may find the Display above the radio will no longer work. Just a thought.
hussarman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-15, 07:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussarman View Post
If you fit an after market stereo you may find the Display above the radio will no longer work. Just a thought.
The display should still work but without the radio information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-15, 03:32 PM   #8
Inactive User

like the original poster i too bought the adapter from halfords that required cutting in switched power (on their advice as a temp solution i linked the perm power to the switched feed) so that it was always powered and worked but turned off when the front display was removed from the radio

i since then did the research and bought an adapter that has a "phantom" power lead built in Connects2 CT20PE04 Harness Adapter

CT20PE04 Harness Adapter Peugeot 207/307/407 | Car Audio Direct

it is just a plug and play adapter no cutting of wires at all the stereo now turns off properly when the key is removed from the ignition just dissapointed that halfords sell the "wrong" adapter in my eyes for the car

only thing i dont have is the stalk adapter but as its my girlfriends car and she doesnt like using them its no big problem

am i correct in thinking twice a year i will have to connect the old radio to change the clock to be the correct time or is there a simple workaround for this?
sianderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-15, 04:20 PM   #9

Setting clock is done through radio on 2005 onwards cars older cars can be set normaly you dont say what age yours is
Old 25-11-15, 04:48 PM   #10
Inactive User

its a 2008, i know its usually set through the radio but without it in place theres no other way to change it?
sianderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in