Advice on wheels for HDi Sport? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-15, 09:21 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Advice on wheels for HDi Sport?

I'm just asking for suggestions, really. Please can someone help me make up my mind? :-)

My 207 (HDi Sport) came with a few light kerb scrapes on the wheels and one has the inner rim slightly out-of-round by maybe 2mm, just enough for me to spot as it span on a balancing machine. 300 for refurbishing and powder coating, plus about 50 to straighten the one wheel.

Plan a) ignore it all and put up with it being difficult to check tracking with the uneven surface at the rim.

Plan b) fit a motley selection of my old 206 wheels while they are refurb'd.

Plan c) buy new wheels. Eye-wateringly expensive for me on a bus driver's wage, but is the least hassle. Peugeot want 230 each for original wheels :-(

One variation is to pick a used wheel from Ebay instead of getting one straightened.

If I buy new, I could look at different wheels, but I want it to look fairly standard. In any case, some aftermarket wheels are a bit weaker than standard wheels and we have rough roads here, so I am wary of unknowns!

Mine are 6Jx16 7-spoke

Some 206 GTis had nice 6.5Jx16 wheels which should fit OK, although I think the extra 1/2" will be on the outside so I should check wheelarch clearance.

Does that suggest anything, please? Or is there a plan d) to look at?

Thank you.
Snerdely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-07-15, 10:36 PM   #2
Inactive User

Ignore it, or you can get a whole set of sport wheels on eBay they pop up time to time for ~120
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-07-15, 08:35 AM   #3

If you go the refurb route shop around.

When I was sold a set of alloys in 'good' condition they turned up and all 4 had serious corrosion and one had a significant flat on the inner rim. After a bit of emailing back and forward I eventually got a partial refund.

Local company quoted 50 per wheel to refurb in silver and another 30 to straighten out the dent. After a little chat we settled on 200 for the complete job. That included removing, refitting tyres and balancing.
Think it helped I was supplying the wheel off the car so saved them a little time and also I said it was a no rush job.
ash1293 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-07-15, 11:30 AM   #4

German eBay is a good source of Pug rims. I got a set for my 307 in really good condition. I asked for photos before buying and all four wheels were photoed in detail. One rim had a very very light kerb mark and the price was about 200 euros. The postage wasn't too bad either.
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in