Advice about possible BSI problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-18, 05:00 PM   #1

Default Advice about possible BSI problem

Long story short, my 207 forgot the keys when I had the battery off. I did the BSI reset trick and the car now beeps when I leave the key in but it still will not start and economy mode is active. I thought it was a dodgy battery so a brand new battery later and it still says economy mode active.

Cranking the engine the live data for fuel pressure goes from 8 to 40 to 8 bar and obviously should be hundreds. Is it possible the BSI sees the keys but still has issues that are causing this no start problem or do I have an airlock somewhere in the fuel system?

No error codes found using an Autel MD808 pro.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks...
mark smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-09-18, 06:11 PM   #2

Which engine and why did you remove the battery the first time ?
Old 21-09-18, 07:08 PM   #3

Hi Windy, I had the battery off because I was doing 2 injector seals. Now I don't know if I have a corrupt ECU somewhere or if I have a fuel system problem.

Old 21-09-18, 07:48 PM   #4

If you have had the fuel system open it can be hard to get started again

Its NOT a corrupt ecu or bsi it NEVER is its always something simple.

If you are sure the key is being seen then it really should go get someone to prime the bulb while its cranking.
Old 22-09-18, 04:41 PM   #5

Thanks guys but still no joy.

If I pump the bulb while cranking the engine the bulb compresses in but doesn't expand out again so I am guessing the pump is sucking on the bulb because as soon as you stop cranking it expands again. Picking up a fuel filter tomorrow just in case the issue is a restriction/blockage.

Tried a tow start in second at 2000 rpm and the pressure jumps to 50 before dropping back to 8. 1 more fault code appeared for fuel rail below minimum pressure so I guess at least that's right. :-)
Old 23-09-18, 08:39 AM   #6

Your issue is fuel related then sounds like the fuel is not coming through properly as the primer should not stay in even when cranking
Old 23-09-18, 01:47 PM   #7

OK we have a Bosch filter fitted and it doesn't stay compressed while cranking now, also the fuel rail pressure is up but still nowhere near the 120 bar to fire the injectors and keeps dropping back to 8 bar as before.

I have disconnected fuel return to the tank and attached a clear pipe and it is pumping a steady stream of air free diesel out so I am reasonably certain there is not an air lock.

The next question then is how do I check that one of the injectors is not leaking off the common rail pressure down the leak off connector? If I disconnect the leak off pipes, cap off the return pipe from injector 1 and crank the engine then I believe I should get no fuel out of the injectors because they are all off. Is this correct? Obviously if 1 of them is leaking fuel then I know where the problem is.

Thanks all....
Old 23-09-18, 01:54 PM   #8

If you have a bad injector leaking off fuel it would still have started when you towed it as towing it would have got the pressure up something else is wrong here.

Was the car working fine BEFORE you stripped it ?
Old 23-09-18, 02:08 PM   #9

Thanks for the responses

The injectors were slightly leaking past the copper washer for a while but it was running absolutely fine and was simply on the to do list. Then the car went into limp mode and the AA towed it back with codes for a stuck EGR valve. The car was still starting fine and was left a couple of days before being started again when we moved it to were it is now being worked on.

I stripped the EGR valve top off (3 T20 torx) cleaned out all the crap and fitted a blanking plate to stop it happening again. I remove injectors 1 and 4, cleaned the manholes and seats and put them back with new seals. I replaced the 8 O rings on the inlet manifold and the 4 tiny green o rings on the leak off connectors.

Old 23-09-18, 03:34 PM   #10

Ok there is nothing to suggest anything you done is the issue other than possibly the EGR but if it was EGR related you would still get fuel pressure.

I think i have the answer !!!! when you done the EGR you removed or disturbed the fuel pressure sensor and its not plugged back in that would give you the readings your getting !

If it is plugged in check its wiring they tend to be too long and folded up and the wires can break at the folds.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in