abs ecu problems. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-11-15, 08:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default abs ecu problems.

hi, i brought a 207 gti about 7 months ago only 50,000 miles and it developed alot of problems at the same the timing was out due to chain guides/ now sorted. abs and esp light always on due to pressure sensor/ changed abs pump so sorted that, then the speedo doesn't work and its pointing toward the abs ecu, sent the ecu of to be repaired and its not repairable. price for new one fitted and coded is 1500 from peugeot (cant afford to pay that) i have sourced another one with exactly the same numbers on the ecu from ebay today (350 second hand) and i still don't have no 100% that it will be able to be adaptable to my car, anyone no if it will need coding to the car or will it work straight away once fitted because it has the same part number....any info you have will be great i have read a lot of forums and i no it a common issue with these cars but i cant find any of the forums that actually fix the problem..

Thanks in advance James
wozza88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-11-15, 01:20 PM   #2

yes it should work, just unscrew the 3 torx bolts holding it to the pump and pop it on.

daughters ecu was hard to find so had to pay top dollar 120, but there were plenty cheaper than that, whats the number.

also check the plug can just as easy be water in the plug causing problems.

just noticed ' peugeotcentre ' on ebay just sold the sort i needed for under 70...always the way, may be worth giving them a shout.

Last edited by stripe88; 21-11-15 at 01:49 PM.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-11-15, 02:02 PM   #3

May need coding to car (needs to be set to correct wheel/tyre size) with planet

Old 21-11-15, 06:17 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for the replies, my mechanic thinks that if u buy a second hand unit of another vehicle, that unit will be coded to the chassis of that vehicle and you cant fit it to another vehicle without deprogramming it somehow from the original vehicle it was on? anyone no how to deprogramme from the original vehicle and program it to mine...i am hoping it is that simply that i get this unit on monday, plug it into my car and boom away she goes, but nothing seems that straight forward anymore... any more advice or info on anyone having success from coding/programming these abs units would be great

Thanks James
Old 21-11-15, 07:05 PM   #5

Once fitted to new vehicle you can update config via planet no need to decode etc first
Old 21-11-15, 07:15 PM   #6

as long as the number is the same its plug in and go, someone on here said even units with other numbers work but i didnt want to gamble, daughter had right side abs fail, new sensor and ring and it still wouldnt work, new ecu with same number and the light went off straight away.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-15, 04:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

hi all, just an update, i brought that second hand abs pump, all numbers matched and plugged it in and away she went! so as long as u can find one with same numbers it will work!

Next problem is that after the car warms up i get a message " stop low oil pressure " my mechanic is properly gutted as am i after this car has gave us so much hassle i didnt think anything else could go wrong!

My mechanic has test the pressure of the oil and when its cold its fine but as soon as the engine gets up to temp and the revs drop the pressure pressure drops...hes had the oil pump out to have a look and all looks ok, he replaced oil and filter, really dont want the crank bearing to be knackered!

Any ideas would be nice

Thanks
Old 12-12-15, 07:08 PM   #8

Just to be 100% if you have satnav or friend with a few spare mins , check speedo calibration as if abs coded with wrong wheel size can make speedo under/over read.
Old 12-12-15, 07:38 PM   #9
Inactive User

the speedo is all working now, everythings running good until the engine becomes warm and i get STOP low oil pressure! had it pressure tested and its fine when its cold and when it warms up and drops in revs the low oil pressure is there
Old 12-12-15, 08:02 PM   #10

Speedo works but does it show correct speed that was the suggested check speedo could be between 10-20% out (ie enough to get a speeding ticket) if wheel sizes do not match ecu coding
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in