4 Lug to 5 Lug Wheel Conversion - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-18, 01:06 PM   #1

Default 4 Lug to 5 Lug Wheel Conversion

ChrisFix makes it look easy (well within my skill-set)

To clarify for anyone unable or unwilling to watch the video, he removed his 4 lug hubs and replaced them with aftermarket 5 lug hubs, no spacers or adapters required.

But his hardware is for a Nissan. I need them for my Peugeot. I've tried googling but I'm not an expert so I'm probably using the wrong keywords. I assume there's no such thing as universal fitting when it comes to these things.

Does anyone sell such a thing for a 2010 207cc 1.6VTi or am I doomed to the poor choice and ridiculous pricing of 4 lug wheels?
capt_kremmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-05-18, 04:53 PM   #2

Some peugeots use 5 stud wheels but its mainly bigger cars and vans and they wont fit a 207.
Old 29-05-18, 11:42 AM   #3

Thanks, and no disrespect intended, but that isn't the question I asked. I was wondering if there were aftermarket 5 lug conversions available for my Peugeot like there are for his Nissan. Any ideas where to look?

Old 29-05-18, 06:12 PM   #4

OK fine i will be clearer the ONLY way you could do this is to use readily available parts from another peugeot but none are available as the 5 stud peugeots use different hubs to a 207

NOBODY is likely to make a kit as there is little or NO demand for the conversion

With VW for example people swap 4 and 5 stud hubs from different models AND there are kits available because there is demand !!

Nissan stuff tends to be made very similar 200sx for example you can use skyline parts as most of the suspension is basically the same peugeot like to be different.
rustyroger likes this.
Old 30-05-18, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
the ONLY way you could do this is to use readily available parts from another peugeot
This is factually untrue. If you watch the video I posted, you will see ChrisFix use third-party product to modify the Nissan from 4 lug to 5 lug. Are you 100% certain that there isn't a third-party manufacturer making a similar product for a Peugeot?

Quote:
NOBODY is likely to make a kit as there is little or NO demand for the conversion
This is factually untrue. There IS demand. I want one. When I googled it, there are more than a few that feel the same. And where we ask, there's likely lots more that also want it and don't bother asking thanks to unhelpful and negative attitudes from what they find.

Quote:
With VW for example people swap 4 and 5 stud hubs from different models AND there are kits available because there is demand !!
So what's so magical about Volkswagen and Nissan that people will happily swap out aftermarket 4 lug and 5 lug hubs, yet for Peugeot owners there's no demand? Why Peugeot? Demand?!?!?!? There's demand there, 4 lug wheels are a poor second place for 5 lug options.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just have trouble understanding how you can use your forum authority to state these things as an absolute fact. How do you know there's no aftermarket hub swap kits? Are you in constant contact with every aftermarket manufacturer on a daily basis? We're here to help each other, not to piss on each other, so how about you know, helping?
Old 30-05-18, 02:59 PM   #6

Doubt you'll find compatible 5 lug hubs, but you can easily get 4 to 5 lug spacer/adapters.

something like this:
Old 30-05-18, 04:44 PM   #7

I dare say you could have your hubs re-machined to a 5 stud pattern. I would avoid adapters if you can.
All this begs the question; Why do you want 5 stud wheels anyway?.

Roger.
Old 30-05-18, 05:58 PM   #8

Peugeots generally break so often that it is not worth modifying as you spend most of your time fixing them that is the MAIN reason there is no demand.

Just because half a dozen people in the world might want it does not mean there is demand

VW parts can be swapped around using parts from other models so its easy to do same as i have already said with the nissan my son has a 200sx like in your video with lots of skyline parts as well as aftermarket parts it is 5 stud using all nissan parts

VW and nissan are both sold in america where there is a big market for conversions of all sorts peugeots are not sold there any more although i believe they are or were trying to go back there they have not been sold there since the early 90s

It is also possible with fords to swap 4 and 5 stud hubs but as i have already stated none of the peugeot 5 stud hubs will fit a 207 as there is no point for 99 % of the planet

I have for example a 607 here it is 5 stud and it could be used to convert a 406 from 4 to 5 stud as the suspension is basically the same but none of it would fit a later peugeot

you could spend a fortune getting a set prototyped and then you could sell them to all the people looking for this exact conversion but you would also need 5 stud brake discs for the replacement hub so it could be a very expensive conversion the fact there is nobody doing it already makes me think there is no point due to lack of customers.

But i could be wrong my 30 years in the motor trade including modified cars might mean nothing
Old 30-05-18, 06:39 PM   #9

There are more then enough suitable 4 stud original Peugeot alloys & aftermarket alloys designed to fit on a Peugeot already on the market - so why bother trying to convert a 207 from 4 stud to 5 stud?

Whats so special about 5 stud wheels on a 207?
Old 31-05-18, 01:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Peugeots generally break so often that it is not worth modifying as you spend most of your time fixing them that is the MAIN reason there is no demand.
LOL username checks out Sorry for the harsh tone of my response, I just get frustrated by people telling me something can't be done.

To everyone else, I live in Western Australia, it's a lovely place but very isolated and our local options for kitting out a Peugeot are very limited. Going 5 lug gives me a huge increase in options, including some wheels I actually like the look of. Not going to use spacers or adapters, they will screw with my insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in