207hdi (07) please help! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-15, 09:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207hdi (07) please help!

Hi, bit of a long shot but desperate for help as car is currently at main peugeot dealers and I really can't afford for them to rip me off!

Last saturday it cut out on me soon after starting, flashed up 'anti pollution fault' then wouldn't start saying 'oil pressure too low' and 'power steering fault'. After a few minutes of leaving it alone, it started with no warnings but eml light on. Seemed to be running fine. As it was overdue for service I booked it in and it went to my local garage for a major service and diagnostic on thursday. Whilst there they asked if it had been running on when key is removed, as had done that a couple of times with them. Also when started from cold it immediately stalls then won't start, but if you use key button to lock then unlock doors it starts and runs fine! As an aside they also fitted a new engine mount as it was very worn.

So long story short, the only code coming up on their diagnostic was the egr (i think) sorry I don't have the code number. They advised it would have to go to Peugeot for further investigation as it was an electrical fault that they couldn't deal with.

It went in to Peugeot Maidstone today, apart from the fact no one bothered to ring me, the car is refusing to communicate with the diagnostic machine. They want to run further tests tomorrow and my bill will already be over 200 quid at that point. They also reckon there is oil leaking from gearbox.

Being a non-mechanically minded girl, I am relying on google and so far figure a coolant leak onto ecu could be the culprit? Also could what they think is oil leak be the additive from dpf? Or does my car not have one of those?? Confused.com.

Please if anyone has any suggestions, either to point the idiots in the right direction or whip my car back out and get it fixed cheaper elsewhere I would be massively appreciative!! TIA x
smarlabird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-15, 08:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarlabird View Post
Being a non-mechanically minded girl, I am relying on google and so far figure a coolant leak onto ecu could be the culprit? Also could what they think is oil leak be the additive from dpf? Or does my car not have one of those??
Good deducting, it is a known issue on here (although I bet the dealers don't know!).

What engine size and BHP is your 207? If you post the last 8 digits of your VIN we can find out for you. That will tell us if you have a DPF system.

If you can get the car back, one of us might be better at doing a diagnostic:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 19-08-15, 09:45 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thank you for replying, it is a 1.4 so going from handbook think it's 70bhp? Digits from VIN are 33906894
smarlabird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-08-15, 12:53 PM   #4

Yep, spot on.

207 3 DOOR SALOON 1.4 HDi 70 Manual gearbox 5
WITHOUT PARTICLE FILTER
Old 20-08-15, 01:56 AM   #5
Inactive User

The 1.4 doesn't have a dpf until after 2010 or so, so you can rule that out. I am also not so sure that they suffer from the water problem to the ecu as the sensor is in a different place on the diesels I think.
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in