207CC windscreen wiper arm position? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-15, 08:37 PM   #1

Default 207CC windscreen wiper arm position?

Can anyone help me with a simple query about the correct front wiper arm rest position please? When in use there is a 4 inch unswept gap on the driver (RHD) side between the top of the blade and the A pillar. I looked in Haynes which helpfully advises refitting the arms in the position they were removed from! It also says that there are some alignment marks on the screen on some models - but not on ours. The tip of the blade at rest almost touches the bottom windscreen surround but looks about right when compared with pictures of other 207CC's.

Has anyone else noticed this or is mine in need of adjustment?
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-15, 09:10 PM   #2

There was quite a big gap on both my 307's but not 4 inches. You have to be careful when adjusting the position as the passenger side wiper has to be clear before the drivers side comes up. Move it too far and it will catch on the passenger side blade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-15, 09:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
There was quite a big gap on both my 307's but not 4 inches. You have to be careful when adjusting the position as the passenger side wiper has to be clear before the drivers side comes up. Move it too far and it will catch on the passenger side blade.
The 207CC has both blades moving in parallel (old style) so I don't think that's a worry. The gap on the drivers side is 4 inches only at the top but less at the bottom as the blade doesn't quite reach the vertical.

Last edited by eyemdee; 29-06-15 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 29-06-15, 10:11 PM   #4

Old eyes not working right - i read it as 307cc & didn't see it was in the 207 forum. I just look at the new posts without checking which forum they are in - my mistake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-15, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemdee View Post
Haynes .... also says that there are some alignment marks on the screen on some models - but not on ours.
I stand corrected - with the sun shining on the screen today I spotted the wiper arm alignment marks. The drivers' side arm is resting slightly below both marks so as soon as the puller arrives it can be adjusted.
Old 16-07-15, 11:15 PM   #6

Even after adjusting the wiper arm rest position the effect will be minimal. The problem is these cars are built primarily for left hand drive and in all places where they drive on the wrong side of the road and sit in the wrong side of the car to drive, the annoying 4 inch unswept area would not be a problem.

It is bloody annoying though, you end up straining your neck when its raining looking around an area of no visibility about 8 inches across when you include the pillar.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-07-15, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davrobate View Post
Even after adjusting the wiper arm rest position the effect will be minimal. The problem is these cars are built primarily for left hand drive and in all places where they drive on the wrong side of the road and sit in the wrong side of the car to drive, the annoying 4 inch unswept area would not be a problem.
I am not sure I quite understand what you mean. The wipers on ours are set for right hand drive with the longer blade on the right sweeping up to the right hand A pillar. On left hand drive cars the wipers are reversed with the longer blade on the left sweeping up to the A pillar on the left.

Moving the rest position of the long blade up to the upper windscreen mark will raise the tip of the blade about 1 1/2 inches, which should reduce the 4 inch unswept strip down to 2 1/2 inches, part of which is black obscured glass anyway. I am hoping this should improve the view a little when the blade puller arrives!

Last edited by eyemdee; 17-07-15 at 10:26 AM.
Old 17-07-15, 07:18 PM   #8

Sorry you're right. I was a bit tired last night after submitting a long post of my own and was just surfing around before I went to bed. I saw the mention of the 307 and that was what stuck!

It was a major gripe on the 307....the wipers had a butterfly action and for the first batch of imports to the UK Peugeot fitted a modified linkage that swept more of the driver's side than the passenger side for right-haand drive cars. Then, reportedly to save money, they fitted the same left-hand drive version on all cars...left and right hand drive. This meant that driving in the UK there was the 8 inch (unswept area + pillar) block to vision on the driver's side and meanwhile the wiper was clearing the whole of the screen on the passenger side! Bloody annoying.

Anyway, hope your mod works.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-07-15, 06:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davrobate View Post
Then, reportedly to save money, they fitted the same left-hand drive version on all cars...left and right hand drive.
I see what you mean. I looked at some 307's for sale on Autotrader and all of them appear to have the leading blade on the left hand side. What a pants arrangement! Now I understand Storeman's post pointing out that the drivers' side blade cannot be adjusted far without fouling the passenger side blade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in