207cc Roof Malfunction - Replacing Hydraulic Hoses Tip - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-15, 08:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207cc Roof Malfunction - Replacing Hydraulic Hoses Tip

A couple of days ago the roof on my 08 207cc refused to come out of the boot. My local Peugeot dealer told me to expect a bill for about 1000 which was one heck of a shock. I then found this great forum and a couple of posts by Bassai about his issue with fractured hoses and how he fixed it.

Today, having got the parts, I set to work. One of the things which appalled me was the way that the original hoses had been run at the bottom of the boot lid where they disappear behind the trim at the back of the boot underneath the rear screen. I don't know if mine was a one off, but on my car the hoses went straight to the bulkhead with a coil of hose between the boot lid and the bulkhead. With this run, the hoses were being pinched every time the boot was closed so the fracture was inevitable.

I re-routed the replacement hoses so that they run into the open space where the boot lid hinges so that they have a nice gentle curve as they loop back towards the bulkhead. If you decide to do this, make sure that a) they hoses don't snag the boot hinge mechanism and b) the hoses don't rub on the sharp(ish) edge where the bulkhead and the wing are welded together. I wrapped several layers of gaffer tape around the pipe where they meet this join and then taped them to the wings so that they are about 2cm away from it. If that doesn't hold I'm going to stick an inch of garden hose over the edge to protect the hoses.

If anyone wants a photo to show what I mean, yell and I'll post one as part of this thread.

If it wasn't for Bassai, I'd never have realised how easy this was to do, albeit time consuming - hence the 1000 dealer charge!
brackenhill6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-15, 07:55 PM   #2

Yeah, I would like to see a pic - I will check mine and see if my hoses are being trapped in the same way
tumph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-15, 03:03 PM   #3

me also please......why do i feel this is a future job?
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-04-15, 07:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

thanks for the mention, happy you got your roof fixed. Great tip.
Summers coming already had the roof down quite a few times this year.

Bassai.
Bassai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-15, 09:27 PM   #5
Inactive User

OK guys, here you go. I've added a key to the photo so that you can see what I meant.

A = the bottom of the plastic hose guide attached to the bootlid which is where the original hoses split

B = the run of the new hoses up in the gap where the boot hinge mechanism goes

C = the gaffer tape under the carpet which holds the hoses in place for a gentle curve into the boot area
Attached Thumbnails
pug207cc-hoserun.jpg  

Last edited by brackenhill6; 29-04-15 at 09:34 PM.
Old 18-06-15, 12:07 PM   #6
Inactive User

Question

I think I have same problem as brackenhill6 and Bassai. A few days ago my 207cc (2007) roof failed to open; it started but the boot lid raised only about 20 cm before slowing and sounding unwell. I was able to lower it and tried again with same result.

I found this thread and examined the pump and the hoses. The reservoir is almost empty and although I can't find any splits (because I can't see behind the mechanisms) there is a lot of sprayed oil around where hoses 32 & 33 disappear behind the RHS hinge.

Having read of your success I intend to try to resolve this myself, but my immediate problem is not being able to work out what to dismantle to replace the hoses.

I would appreciate any guidance you could provide to get me started.

Thanks, JonVeee.
JonVeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-06-15, 07:29 PM   #7
Inactive User

If you've got oil in the hinge area, you've definitely got the dreaded splits! To confirm, trace the hoses along the boot lid towards the hinge arm. On that arm you'll have a plastic "flange" with a right angle curve on it - the hoses run through this flange and then down into the boot well between the bulkhead and the trim. The split will be at the end of this flange and on the inside of the curve of the hoses as this is where they get pinched when the lid is closed.

So how to fix?

You will need a thin blade to remove the trim and a hex/torx screw driver to get the hose ends in and out of the pump. I have a tool set with the correct one in it but it isn't marked so I can't tell you the size you need to get. Maybe someone here can help out or ask your Peugeot dealer nicely. You will also need some cable ties.
  1. Remove the carpet trim at the back of the boot that goes the whole way across the bulkhead between the boot and the back seat
  2. Remove the carpet trim over the rear offside wheel arch
  3. Remove the plastic trim on the right hand side of the boot lid which covers the hoses
  4. [Optional] Label the hoses so you get them the correct way round as they are not the same length (mine were numbered but too small for me to read without my glasses so I got it wrong first time!)
  5. Locate the hoses on the pump reservoir in the boot well and loosen the screws holding the retaining plate so that the plate moves enough to be able to get the old hose ends out. Don't put the new hoses in at this stage.
  6. Loosen the retaining plate on the pump above your head in the boot lid (be careful not to lose the screws if they come out as they are tiny and difficult to spot on the ground as I discovered to my cost), remove the old and insert the new hoses getting them the correct way round, then slide the retaining plate back so it holds and tighten the screws
  7. Cut the cable ties holding the old hoses in place on the boot lid (if you have any), the wheel arch and the bulkhead. Peugeot use pre-formed cable ties which fix into the metal so don't remove/lose the bit that is pushed in. Cut the tie ends as close to the body as you can and thread new ties into the slot in the post (you'll understand when you try)
  8. Run the new hoses replacing the old ones as you go - I suggest you don't remove the old ones completely before you position the new ones as it's not easy to see the numbering on the boot lid pump and the old hoses will help you to get things right. As you position the new hoses, hold them loosely with the new cable ties - don't tighten them now as you may need to take up slack in the pipes once you've tested everything works
  9. Once you've worked your way down the boot lid and pressed the hoses into the plastic flange, push the hoses into the space where the hinge goes to make a nice loop which will stop them being pinched when the boot lid is closed
  10. Route the hoses away from the sharp edge where the bulkhead is welded to the wheel arch and run the hoses down the bulkhead to the reservoir
  11. Insert the hoses ends into the reservoir body getting them the right way round, slide the retaining plate back so it holds and tighten the screws
  12. Top up the oil reservoir in the boot well
  13. Test it works and check for leaks
  14. Use gaffer tape or some such to protect the hoses from the sharp edge at the top of the bulkhead
  15. When you are happy with the hose run, tighten all the cable ties
  16. Replace the trim

The trims are retained by plastic clips with a plastic "nail" pushed into them. To get the trims off, you need to use a thin blade to get under this nail head and ease it out - I used the big blade on my Swiss Army knife. Only then can you pull the retaining clip out.

Allow yourself a few hours. It took me just over 2.5 hours but I mucked up the hoses so it could have been a bit quicker. The key is not to rush it.

Good luck!
Bassai and Darnley Dave like this.

Last edited by brackenhill6; 18-06-15 at 07:54 PM.
Old 19-06-15, 05:57 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thumbs up Can we not make this a Sticky in the Maintenance section??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackenhill6 View Post
If you've got oil in the hinge area, you've definitely got the dreaded splits! To confirm, trace the hoses along the boot lid towards the hinge arm. On that arm you'll have a plastic "flange" with a right angle curve on it - the hoses run through this flange and then down into the boot well between the bulkhead and the trim. The split will be at the end of this flange and on the inside of the curve of the hoses as this is where they get pinched when the lid is closed.

So how to fix?

You will need a thin blade to remove the trim and a hex/torx screw driver to get the hose ends in and out of the pump. I have a tool set with the correct one in it but it isn't marked so I can't tell you the size you need to get. Maybe someone here can help out or ask your Peugeot dealer nicely. You will also need some cable ties.
  1. Remove the carpet trim at the back of the boot that goes the whole way across the bulkhead between the boot and the back seat
  2. Remove the carpet trim over the rear offside wheel arch
  3. Remove the plastic trim on the right hand side of the boot lid which covers the hoses
  4. [Optional] Label the hoses so you get them the correct way round as they are not the same length (mine were numbered but too small for me to read without my glasses so I got it wrong first time!)
  5. Locate the hoses on the pump reservoir in the boot well and loosen the screws holding the retaining plate so that the plate moves enough to be able to get the old hose ends out. Don't put the new hoses in at this stage.
  6. Loosen the retaining plate on the pump above your head in the boot lid (be careful not to lose the screws if they come out as they are tiny and difficult to spot on the ground as I discovered to my cost), remove the old and insert the new hoses getting them the correct way round, then slide the retaining plate back so it holds and tighten the screws
  7. Cut the cable ties holding the old hoses in place on the boot lid (if you have any), the wheel arch and the bulkhead. Peugeot use pre-formed cable ties which fix into the metal so don't remove/lose the bit that is pushed in. Cut the tie ends as close to the body as you can and thread new ties into the slot in the post (you'll understand when you try)
  8. Run the new hoses replacing the old ones as you go - I suggest you don't remove the old ones completely before you position the new ones as it's not easy to see the numbering on the boot lid pump and the old hoses will help you to get things right. As you position the new hoses, hold them loosely with the new cable ties - don't tighten them now as you may need to take up slack in the pipes once you've tested everything works
  9. Once you've worked your way down the boot lid and pressed the hoses into the plastic flange, push the hoses into the space where the hinge goes to make a nice loop which will stop them being pinched when the boot lid is closed
  10. Route the hoses away from the sharp edge where the bulkhead is welded to the wheel arch and run the hoses down the bulkhead to the reservoir
  11. Insert the hoses ends into the reservoir body getting them the right way round, slide the retaining plate back so it holds and tighten the screws
  12. Top up the oil reservoir in the boot well
  13. Test it works and check for leaks
  14. Use gaffer tape or some such to protect the hoses from the sharp edge at the top of the bulkhead
  15. When you are happy with the hose run, tighten all the cable ties
  16. Replace the trim

The trims are retained by plastic clips with a plastic "nail" pushed into them. To get the trims off, you need to use a thin blade to get under this nail head and ease it out - I used the big blade on my Swiss Army knife. Only then can you pull the retaining clip out.

Allow yourself a few hours. It took me just over 2.5 hours but I mucked up the hoses so it could have been a bit quicker. The key is not to rush it.

Good luck!
Pls make a sticky in Maintenance Section you know it makes sense.
Bassai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-06-15, 11:37 AM   #9
Inactive User

Thanks to brackenhill6 for the detailed guidance for replacing the hoses.

Unfortunately there are a couple of points about which I am uncertain, and I don't want to guess and make a mess of things, so I would appreciate some clarification.

I have traced hoses 32 & 33 from the pump in the well to near the offside hinge, where they disappear forward into the body cavity. Two hoses emerge from this cavity and slot into the flanged arm (which I think you describe from the reverse direction), and are guided along a channel towards the rear of the boot lid.

Are these the continuations of 32 & 33? If so this is where my difficulty arises.

The "overhead" pump you describe in para 6 is presumably enclosed by the plastic paneling which stretches across almost the full width of the rear end of the boot. I can not work out how to remove this paneling! I have extracted all the plastic retaining clips, but the panel is still held firmly in place by the grab handle (for closing the boot) which is recessed into the panel. It also seems to be restrained by a plastic block at each end of of the panel which stops it being slid forward; these blocks appear to be locked in place by a bolt only accessible from the inside of the paneling??

I hope this is understandable enough for you to identify where I am going wrong.

Thanks in anticipation. JV
JonVeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-16, 03:28 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default 207 cc hydraulic pipe split

Hi, I'm new to this. Any help would be appreciated.
The hydraulic pipe has split in the middle and Peugeot have quoted me 800 to replace. Is there any cheaper way of doing this?
jessiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in