207cc faulty roof - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By M999PSW
  • 1 Post By M999PSW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-18, 03:12 PM   #1

Default 207cc faulty roof

Hi newbie question. I have searched this and other sites but no real answer.

The roof has been working fine, but now boot comes up about half way and then says roof fault. I have checked the hydraulic lines for leaks and done a battery reset and manual roof retract and back up, but still the same

If I buy an old laptop and PP2000 can it diagnose the fault? Can it test the roof sequence and microswitches?

I have connected an Icarsoft reader with no errors but nothing that specifically tests the roof.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sam
M999PSW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-10-18, 01:09 PM   #2

Could be part number 6112 56.

Cheap as anything from dealers.
Old 24-10-18, 04:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Could be part number 6112 56.

Cheap as anything from dealers.
That seems to be a bulbholder - can you explain, please?
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-10-18, 12:26 PM   #4

Sorry, wrong thread.

Yes, Planet can do some roof checks.

Does the 207 have that pull out luggage cover in the boot? The end of that used to bow on 206s, meaning a bad contact on the switches at the end.
Old 27-10-18, 03:29 PM   #5

It gives a different message if the boot cover isn't in place so that should mean that sensor is OK. Anyone near Portsmouth with Planet willing to plug the car in?

Sam
Old 08-06-19, 04:37 PM   #6

Default Roof fixed

After no real luck finding the fault and instead just driving the car as a coupe, I thought as the weather is getting better it needs fixing.
The only place I could find online with experience was Cayman Autos in Redhill but the cost started at 96 to plug it in. So in the end 1 bought the laptop and preloaded planet software. Within a couple of hours, mostly removing bits to gain access, the roof is now working again. The front right sensor had a rubber bung stuck against the microswitch. So it did cost 250 for the tester, but I now own it and will keep hold of it until I change the car, then hopefully get some of the money back through Ebay.
slimgym likes this.
Old 09-06-19, 10:25 AM   #7

nice job, any pics to help others?
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-19, 06:03 PM   #8

As i found it difficult to find the information I needed i thought a summary of what I now know may help somebody.

The 207cc roof started its movement but only as far as partially lifting the boot and unlocking the roof, and then the message faulty roof.
I then started looking for micro switches and hydraulic lines in the hope of finding a broken wire or leaking hose.

Once found its easy to test a micro switch with a multi meter, easiest at its connector to the car wiring, You should get 2700 ohms with the switch open and 168 ohms closed.
I tried the battery reset and manual roof raise and lower but it still wasn't working.
So as I said above I purchased the PP software and hardware pre loaded on a laptop so that I could read the roof ecu and see what state the sensors were in in Cabrio and Coupe mode. This I did by releasing the hydraulic pressure on the pump and moving the roof to both positions manually.

I could see which of the micro switches was in the correct position and one that wasn't. So apart from having to take all the front trim off around the windscreen a simple fix.

I found 8 micro switches each giving the ECU a bit of information and the need to be triggered/ pressed or released in the correct sequence.

There are 2 micro switches on the windscreen side of the roof. The one on the right is activated by the arm that locks the roof and so tells the ECU whether the roof is open or not. The one on the left is operated by the pin on the roof and tells the ECU the roof lining is opening.

There are 2, one on each side of the boot to roof frame, which let the ECU know when the boot is latched on unlocked form the frame.

There is one on the left hand rear boot hinge near the Ram, which tells the ECU when the boot is up or down.

Then there are 3 in the shelf mechanism on of which tells the ECU the roof is down and the boot can be closed. It is to take this part off and test the 3 micro switches for the readings above.

The sequence I followed on my car when opening the roof was:

Press and hold the open button, left and right latches on the boot are released. The boot starts to move which opens the left hand boot hinge sensor. The centre roof lock is opened, the one on the right tells the ECU the roof is unlocked (in my case it wasn't opening the switch so stopped because it thought the roof was still locked) and the roof starts to open this triggers the sensor on the left pin of the roof to tell the ECU the roof is moving. When the roof is down in the cab position this pushes on the roof down microswitch and the shelf is put up and the boot closes. The ECU sees the boot closed switch triggered and then locks the left and right boot to frame triggering those sensors which the completes the movement.

Hopefully it makes some sense and may help somebody out at some point.

Sam
slimgym likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in