207cc 2007 Using alot of oil ?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-17, 01:23 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207cc 2007 Using alot of oil ??

We have a 2007 Peugeot 207cc 1.6gt hard top convertible, Petrol/Manual.. approx 60k on it now.. Nice little car but we are finding it juicy on oil..We have to check and top up each week otherwise if its left it will over time use all oil and break.. now theirs no obvious signs of blue smoke from the back and no signs of a leak showing on the ground.. so would love to know why or what the fault could be as i dont feel i could ever sell the car like this.. it is a one owner full main dealer service history vehicle also.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-17, 02:47 PM   #2

If its a 1.6 VTI (same engine as mini one) Prince engine they can drink oil my daughters car was the same. Hers would burn around 750ml per 1000 miles.

Up to 1Ltr of oil per 1000 Miles is acceptable consumption as far as BMW/PSA are concerned so you have to get used to it.
Old 13-05-17, 05:33 PM   #3
Inactive User

If its acceptable usage, but in my mind its not as its a one owner low mileage 207cc not sure on the exact engine we just know its the 1.6gt petrol, in my mind if we decided to sell the car and a week later the buyers came back to me saying its faulty this would be a worry for me, otherwise shes a great little car that my wife uses daily and i even drove it to north wales and back last year and loved every moment of our week long road trip.
Its just not acceptable for me to understand while anyone would tell me it could be acceptable usage of oil as its not some old tatty banger thats been thrashed.
We paid 3,500 for this car a year ago does this make it worthless now.
Thanks for you inputs on this its much appreciated as a new member to the forums.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-05-17, 06:20 PM   #4

Default oil

my 1.4 vti only has 30k on the clock and i have noticed it does use a bit more oil
than some of the cars i have had.i just check it every couple of weeks.
its what these engines do.
marrygold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-17, 07:33 PM   #5

If you sold it the handbook states max oil consumption. So they could not say it faulty it's within spec like all the mini and other owners have

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in