207cc 110hdi gt "needs a new engine" - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-13, 08:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207cc 110hdi gt "needs a new engine"

hi peeps!

new member here looking for advice/ shared experiences

i bought an 08 plate CC diesel in october 2011 at 66000 from a main dealer as approved used with a platinum warranty

it was small serviced at my local garage in Feb, and all was fine until april, when i got an oil pressure warning light and took it to another branch of the same dealer to get it checked.... i paid a total of 424 for diagnostics, oil pump and servicing (it was also recommended that i have the cam belt done, so i did)

all was fine again until September, when the engine lost power and went into limp mode with a depolution system failure, so it was back to the same garage to be told the turbo had gone.... queue another 600plus for a turbo, pipes, service and dpf sensor (still under warranty)

now fine again until 22nd December.... loss of power, limp mode, depolution system fault.... back to the dealer (on jan 7th due to problems arranging a tow over xmas)... 200 bill for diagnostics (which i will pay "under protest" to get the car back).... told turbo gone AGAIN (within 2000mls!!!!), that "the turbo shaft that comes out of the engine is not spinning centrally".....and it needs a new engine (4500)

logged a call with Peugeot "customer care" who were useless and took 2 weeks to tell me they weren't prepared to help with the cost as the car had no service history between 1900 and 59000 miles

currently arranging a tow to my local independent garage for an inspection, before contacting trading standards and the original dealer branch.....
comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-13, 08:17 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: 207cc 110hdi gt "needs a new engine"

Muliple turbo failure is nearly always down to a. Incorrect oil and servicing regime or b. On fitting a new turbo the fitting procedure not adhered to. I've seen this so many times its not funny. Not warranty whatsoever can be claimed on the turbo if the fitting procedure is not adhered to.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-13, 08:18 PM   #3
davidireland

As above you have NO service history. So why should Peugeot pay?

Old 21-01-13, 08:25 PM   #4
Inactive User

i bought the car as approved used from a main dealer. surely the dealer shouldnt have sold it with that history if it was destined to fail?
i wasnt expecting peugeot to pay- i was expecting them to force the dealer to do more about it.
surely they should have looked into why the oil pump and the first turbo failed?
Old 21-01-13, 08:28 PM   #5
davidireland

The answer there is in the service history or lack of. A proper oil change regime with the correct spec oil (total quart INEO 5w30) is the ONLY way to ensure this engines longevity.
Old 21-01-13, 08:32 PM   #6
Inactive User

so if the dealer was aware of that and i wasn't (and they didnt make me aware of it) who's fault is it?
Old 21-01-13, 08:40 PM   #7

Its the fault of whoever owned the car and skipped the services !!

I do see what your saying the dealer sold it to you as approved used you most likely believed this meant it had been serviced properly since they approved it but sadly not really the case

Is there really no record of any services for over 50k miles ?
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-13, 08:44 PM   #8
Inactive User

the service book is with the car, so i cant confirm until i get it back
Old 21-01-13, 09:33 PM   #9
Inactive User

At a guess it sounds like the oil pressure is shagged on the current engine? Thats usually the main thing that kills turbos along with poor servicing
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-13, 10:33 PM   #10
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
At a guess it sounds like the oil pressure is shagged on the current engine? Thats usually the main thing that kills turbos along with poor servicing
All the oil galleries get blocked up causing this. I'd like to see the state of the oilfilter. Ill bet its a lump of jelly oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in