207 Wiper Stuck - Help Please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-15, 06:41 PM   #1

Exclamation 207 Wiper Stuck - Help Please

Im driving down to Cornwall tomorrow which is a five hour drive. And recently my wipers have been squeaking a bit. I have not needed to change them in over a year.

Unfortunately the metal bush (that is part of the wiper blade) has rusted on to the metal pin, that you are suppose to be able to easily slide the wiper on to...

I have managed to remove the wiper from around the bush, but i can not for the life of me get the metal bush off.

Im really hoping someone has a nifty trick to help me before tomorrow... I have tried WD40 and pliers. No luck. Unfortunately most of my tools are at work. Including a heat gun. If i can get it to work i will attempt to heat the bush and pull it off.

If you have any ideas of how to remove the metal, or how to drive to work without scratching my windscreen... they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-15, 09:10 PM   #2

Looks like you have tried the pliers method only other thing you can do is grind down 1 edge along its length to weaken it using a grinder dremmel or similar or if none of them available use a file to flatten it till you can split it down its length this will release its grip without damaging the arm.
PaulMillard likes this.
Old 02-04-15, 09:18 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply!

I managed to fix it at about 10 last night. Using penetrating fluid, a vice, some bigger pliers and a blowtorch! (and a friend with the aladins cave of tools)

I literally had the get the tip glowing red before it budged, and im fairly large and strong! 3 hours it took me to get the wiper off, 3 seconds to put the new one on...

One thing I did notice that may help others if they read this before buying wipers. The wipers that got stuck were cheap ones of Amazon, that metal ring that stuck is the problem. I have just purchase some Bosch wipers (Cheaper than the cheap ones from euro car parts may i add) and have noticed that that dowel is made out of plastic instead of metal.

This should prevent the problem next time. Anyway hope this helps someone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in