207 Wiper Motor failure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland
  • 1 Post By chopper1192

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-12-12, 09:55 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy 207 Wiper Motor failure

Hi All,

I bought a 207 SW 1.6hdi Outdoor at the beginning of November. Only done 31,000 on an 08 plate. All was fine until yesterday when i went to wash the windscreen and nothing happened, put the rear one on and nothing happened to that one either. Checked the fuse and changed F3. Still nothing, no sound of either motor. I have read that there was a recall on faulty wipers, do you think this is related?

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Jen
SWJen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-12-12, 10:30 PM   #2
davidireland

Remove cowling from around the steering wheel and disconnect and reconnect all the connectors on the COM unit. Actually the grey connector should be sufficient. Turn ign on and off when its disconnected. Try wipers after the disconnection/reconnection.

Sent from my GT-S5690
chopper1192 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-12, 08:44 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the info, will give it a go today if the rain doesn't slow me down. If that doesn't work shall i go to the dealer and get them to resolve it?

Old 11-01-13, 08:16 PM   #4
Inactive User

I've been back to the garage after unplugging the grey socket under the cowling and doing as davidireland suggested but it didn't sort the problem. The mechanic said they often blow the pump so she's booked in for repair on Monday. He didn't think it was a difficult job and the bill isn't likely to be too high. Peugeot didn't even reply to my email which is pretty poor service. The car has low mileage for the year and yet Peugeot are disinterested by their customers problems. My local dealer in Chichester can't even get up off their arses when you go into the service dept so what hope do i have in contacting head office. Poor show Peugeot!!!! I've had Peugeots for most of my adult life and i've never had such a crap vehicle, give me back my 205 1.9CTI
Old 11-01-13, 09:30 PM   #5
chopper1192

It's 66% beyond the end of the warranty by dint of age, so why should they even give you the time of day?

And where do you get the idea that low miles age means low wear and tear? As far as the mechanicals go they're probably worn as badly as a car with many more miles as short journeys are absolutely murderous on engine internals. I once came across a 16,000 mile car that had more bore wear than my same model with 300,000 had (which explained why it was more than a touch smokey!).

You've bought a car that's knocking on a bit, and have made a presumption that an ageing low miler will automatically have more life left it it.

It's a used car, and used cars cost less than new ones for a reason. If you want Peugeot to fawn and grovel when your car breaks then buy one of their products new, or at least within warranty.
storeman likes this.

Last edited by chopper1192; 11-01-13 at 09:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in