207 window regulator - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-15, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question 207 window regulator

The window regulator on my drivers door has given up the ghost.! Has anybody had any experience of changing one and are there any pitfalls to watch out for.?
Does anything need resetting or programming after changing it ?
moby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-15, 11:52 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default Replacing 207cc electric window mechanism

I've just changed the driver's window regulator, motor, Temic controller on my wife's 207cc for one I got off fleabay. The original had just stopped working. Had to drill out pop rivets on speaker for access but no real problems encountered. Took about 3 hours all told. Turned out that the problm was just the Temic; these are an achilles heal on French cars so I hear. Can't find a source of the device, seems they get water in them and then fail, sometimes following erratic behaviour. There was no adjustment or resetting needed, it worked straight off.
steveod21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-15, 07:12 PM   #3

not done a regulator but just had to take the doorcard off to silicone both squeeky runners, was trying to be mega careful not to snap any push clips but two broke anyway so you may need to hit ebay for some spares.

noticed those speaker rivets, seem a little overkill.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-04-15, 07:52 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default 207 window regulator change.

Thanks lads for all your info, I removed the door card and found by tapping the module on the motor it started to work, so dodgy module suspected.
I found out like you from the dealers you cannot just buy a module unit , you have to buy the whole assembly for about 150. !!

after a bit of searching on e-bay I found a module for sale that guarantees to cure this fault for good.!
it is supplied by Peter Hollinger and costs the princely sum of 13.94 delivered.!!
I found the module was easy to get at , it's held onto the regulator motor by one screw at the top and then prise open two plastic clips half way down , remove the multi-plug from the motor, then just pull module away from motor. The replacement module is a square plastic box about 1.5" square by about 1/2 " thick , and has 6 leads coming out with push on connectors on each lead, following the supplied wiring diagram four leads are pushed into the plug that was removed from the motor and the remaining two are pushed into the two connectors on the motor that are exposed when the module is removed. and that's it. the plastic box must be held in place with a plastic tie to stop it getting caught up with the window glass when it moves up and down.
the only difference in operation is that you will have lost the "one touch " operation meaning that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it moving, but I think that's a small price to pay when you think how much money you have saved.! and these modules can be used on any door so I bought a spare.!
I believe the same module can be used on Renault clio's and also meganes.
Bassai likes this.
moby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-16, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hi. Noticed these posts from back in 2013. Have intermittent operation on the passenger window of my daughter's 207 cc. Have tried lubricating cables, slides etc but still playing up so would like to get hold of a regulator for it. It is a Temic 401818 A6. Tried Google search but no luck so far. Any pointers to where I might find one would be most welcome.
forestpct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-16, 02:05 PM   #6
Inactive User

Hi. There is no source for these; Peugeot change ' the lot ' when they repair hence it costs a fortune. Suggest you keep checking fleabay for a complete window reg. Mine cost 50. Then just use the Temic. Give the 'new' one a good dose of waxoil after fitting, concentrating on the connector. Water ingress is always the issue. I've been inside the faulty Temic, it's just a microcontroller and a few peripheral devices. But despite repairing the corroded pcb traces, I never got it to work.
Best regards,
Steve
steveod21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-18, 06:43 PM   #7

Default 207 cc Window Fault Solved

Further to my previous missive the passenger window has now started playing up. Rubbish French electrics again. With a direct battery feed where the Temic unit fits the window goes up and down ok. So back to Pro-Lux Electronics on ebay (253544215175) who were brilliant last time. Also I know the unit will work as before as it is the same unit repaired. As said by someone else these Temic units seem to be the Achilles Heel of most French cars and some English.
newtalg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in