207 side light issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-12, 01:55 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation 207 side light issue

Hi I have recently bought a 10 plate 207 sw s and I seem to be having a issue with the car.
Intermittently my side lights on the front come on sometimes they don't and sometimes the drivers side bulb comes on then the passenger side 1 comes on about 30 secs later ( I have changed the bulbs and they are still doing the same thing) and vise versa and occasionally they come on together, when they do eventually light up the passenger side 1 surges now and again.

Since Having had the car (3 weeks ago) I have changed a side light on the back a headlight bulb and 3 sets of front sidelight bulbs I thought it might be a dodgy fuse.

Can someone help please with either some past experience knowledge or has anyone got the engine bay fuse box layout as a computerized file.
Hugh123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-13, 02:11 AM   #2

bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-08-17, 01:05 AM   #3

Default Pug 207 side lights not working

This issue is typical french electrical crap.

Side lights not working fails m.o.t.

No fuse for side lights, earth connections ok, bulbs changed, ok
All other lights ok.
What is the damn problem, apart from its french.
Rich69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-08-17, 02:10 AM   #4
pdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich69 View Post
This issue is typical french electrical crap.

Side lights not working fails m.o.t.

No fuse for side lights, earth connections ok, bulbs changed, ok
All other lights ok.
What is the damn problem, apart from its french.
I'll tell you the biggest problem with electrics on french cars.

The person working on them doesn't understand electrics and doesn't own or know how to operate a multimeter, so they blame the car...

I've owned and/or worked on cars from all over the world and french ones are no worse than any others, in many cases they're far better in actual fact.

So, before slating an entire nationality and their car industry, visit a library and learn how a circuit works
noddy-hol likes this.
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-08-17, 08:55 AM   #5

It is correct to say that the sidelights are not protected by fuses. They are controlled by electronic switches in the engine compartment fusebox. One can only assume that these are current limiting by design.

From reading other posts here, it seems that the 207 engine compartment fusebox is vulnerable to water ingress, so I suggest that it the first place to look.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-08-17, 10:10 AM   #6

Funny, french electrical issues are far more than others! Anyway, great reply, really useful.
Old 30-08-17, 11:03 AM   #7
pdg

Quote:
Funny, french electrical issues are far more than others!
I'm guessing from the fact you asked the question that you don't have a huge amount of electrical experience.

What is the basis from which you draw this conclusion? Is it Dave down the pub moaning about 'bloody French cars' or is it internet rumour (ostensibly the same thing)?

The only thing that makes French car electrics harder to work on is that it's usually more difficult to get decent schematics so you have to rely on technical knowledge to troubleshoot stuff the old fashioned way and knowledge is sorely lacking these days...
Old 30-08-17, 01:24 PM   #8

Default Ok

Ok, whats the fix?
The amount of french car electrical issues is greater then others based on the knowledge of the 2 garages and the electrical guy with 40 years experience who will be looking at the car later this week. Ill let you know what the issue was.
Old 30-08-17, 02:32 PM   #9
pdg

Quote:
Ok, whats the fix?
The amount of french car electrical issues is greater then others based on the knowledge of the 2 garages and the electrical guy with 40 years experience who will be looking at the car later this week. Ill let you know what the issue was.
Yeah, and the electrical guy with 30+ years experience who fitted LED indicators to my mate's motorbike and used a pair of incandescent bulbs under the seat wrapped in insulation tape to load the flasher relay and the garage he took it to to investigate the burning smell who couldn't find anything wrong just highlight the 'expert' problem...

Along with the 306 my wife had years ago that we took to a main dealer to see why the central locking was playing up who suggested "it might be an electrical problem" and wanted to randomly replace parts (all billed of course) to try and solve it - once I got my arse in gear it took me under an hour to isolate a failed microswitch in the driver's door lock and replace it for about 20p.

The opinion of a couple of garages and a random electrical 'expert' hold no sway to be honest.

Seeing as the truth has eventually come out in your thread about this problem the fix is obvious - don't bodge in 3rd party equipment without knowing what you're dealing with.

This problem isn't French electrics by a long shot - it's most likely an incompetent insurance fitter who just tapped into the closest live wire without caring or knowing what they were doing.
Old 30-08-17, 05:24 PM   #10

Default Pdg?

Ok. So experts are not experts? This is why no problems ever get fixed. Still no answer in your response other than what I already doing? Chill, you rant I stead of write.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in