207 Power Steering Fault? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-04-18, 04:23 PM   #1

Question 207 Power Steering Fault?

Hi everyone!

I'm new on this forum, i've been reading some threads for a time now, and first I would like to give my thanks to all the awesome folks that make this place possible!

And now, to the sad news:

I have a 207 Sportium (2012), and a couple of weeks ago, when I started the engine, the steering wheel was hard as hell. Never before had this happened, and the light indicator for "Faulty Power Steering" never showed up.

I took my car to my local Peugeot garage, and the folks there told me that in fact, the Power Steering module was the culprit. They did not have the Power Steering Module available, so they told me they had to order it, and that it would take from 3 to 5 days to arrive.

While the Power Steering Module arrives, they gave me my car back, and told me that they "Erased the fault codes" and the car is now working fine. The Steering Wheel is as soft as always, and no "Faulty Steering Wheel" indicator is showing up.

The repair is very costly (~400), so, I was wondering, would it be advisable to do the repair? I mean, taking in account that the car is working fine, I've been driving it for 4 days no, without problems.

Is my safety compromised unless I do the repair?

Thanks in advance!
czazueta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-04-18, 08:13 PM   #2

Does not sound like the module is at fault, rather there is a wiring/connection/fuse issue. Check the plug onto the module for any corrosion/water and pull the fuse and check for bad connection. Peugeots are well known for wiring/electrical issues.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-18, 09:25 PM   #3

It may worth something to say, that the first time the Power Steering failed, I turned off the engine, then started it again, and the Power Steering worked fine. When I arrived to my destination, restarted the engine, and after that, the Power Steering did not work anymore. That was until I took my car to my local Peugeot Garage.

Thank you!

Old 30-08-18, 10:35 PM   #4

I'm updating the post with the resolution of the problem:

The folks at my local Peugeot garage determined that indeed the Power Steering module was faulty.

I know this as a fact, since I kept using my car until the Power Steering failed completely.

They contacted Peugeot on my behalf, and they managed to get me a 100% discount.

I got a brand new Power Steering Module, paid absolutely nothing, and now I can continue with my unhappy existence behind the wheel.

Thanks to everyone!
Old 08-11-18, 08:46 PM   #5

Default Free Repair wahoo!

SO!

On Saturday the power steering on my 2011 207 went whilst on the motorway - scary. Managed to get myself to Stansted services and the AA ran Diagnostics to find codes P0606(ECU error) and C1414 (EPS Motor)

In my panic I had the car towed by the AA to my local garage, you get one free recovery for the problem so thought this was the best option.

Found this thread and decided I wanted to see if Peugeot would pay as it seemed the right issue to be on the extended warranty - these things don't usually happen for me! Bristol Street Motors in Harlow asked me to bring it in.

Had the car towed by the AA again to the local Peugeot garage, they ran diagnostics and confirmed it was the fault covered for free! Fixed within a few hours at no charge.

They openly admitted this was a known fault and had had many cars through with the fault and that it would be fixed for free if it showed the right codes.

They also covered the diagnostic fee.

I can't thank this thread enough - you've all saved me about 700!!
SallyBrown88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-19, 02:05 PM   #6

SallyBrown88 did they say what it was that was wrong with your 2011 207? I’ve the same year and model and I’ve just had a power steering fault and rang Peugeot who have said there’s no recalls but to take it into Bristol street motors Harlow for testing and go from there! I’m hoping it’s something they will cover! TIA
Jlou89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-19, 06:04 PM   #7

Do a search of the forum there is a megathread already on this issue gives you all the info the repair will be free
Old 21-03-19, 08:23 PM   #8

Unhappy Power Steering Faulty

I also have a Peugeot 207cc 2011 and tonight on my way home the power steering faulty light came on and it was incredibly hard to steer. I have left it at my local garage as they are going to do a diagnostics test on it Tomorrow. If this is a common problem and Peugeot are paying for it, how do we go about getting them to pay for it?
valM68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-19, 06:48 PM   #9

Did you manage to get it fixed Val
Darrennerrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-19, 07:48 PM   #10

Yes Darren I did Ty. My garage did a diagnostic test and the code mentioned came up so I booked it in to a Peugeot garage. They charged me 120 for their diagnostic test but Peugeot paid for the repairs. It was the power steering motor and apparently cost them 650!
valM68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in