207 with odd problem.. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-17, 03:56 PM   #1

Default 207 with odd problem..

Afternoon all!
First off, we are a small Rural garage that usually deals with Tractors, Horse Boxes, Landrovers etc. Peugeots are new to us!
Lovely little old lady called us, her 207 doesnt go. Could we have a look. Drag it in & first thing we see is a screen saying, economy mode active & to the left of that it is flashing 12.
The story our little old lady gave us was a bit vague. Didnt start at the station so got the AA out. They did something & got it going. OK for a bit then stated shaking (car not old lady) so took it to her regular garage whio changed the coil pack. All good for a bit then started shaking again. Back to the garage & they changed the coil pack & this fitted a Delphi Peugeot one. OK for a bit then it wouldnt start & she missed Bell ringing practice (bit miffed)..
SO! Where do i start? At the moment nothing works apart from the ign lights & starter. Doesnt start though, will turn over OK. Battery light is flashing which as far as i can tell is linked in with the eco mode.
Have put it on charge so we will have a full battery & am bringing my old Snapon verus out in the morning & see what codes we have.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance all!
Paxmanmerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-17, 08:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxmanmerv View Post
Afternoon all!
First off, we are a small Rural garage that usually deals with Tractors, Horse Boxes, Landrovers etc. Peugeots are new to us!
Lovely little old lady called us, her 207 doesnt go. Could we have a look. Drag it in & first thing we see is a screen saying, economy mode active & to the left of that it is flashing 12.
The story our little old lady gave us was a bit vague. Didnt start at the station so got the AA out. They did something & got it going. OK for a bit then stated shaking (car not old lady) so took it to her regular garage whio changed the coil pack. All good for a bit then started shaking again. Back to the garage & they changed the coil pack & this fitted a Delphi Peugeot one. OK for a bit then it wouldnt start & she missed Bell ringing practice (bit miffed)..
SO! Where do i start? At the moment nothing works apart from the ign lights & starter. Doesnt start though, will turn over OK. Battery light is flashing which as far as i can tell is linked in with the eco mode.
Have put it on charge so we will have a full battery & am bringing my old Snapon verus out in the morning & see what codes we have.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance all!
Economy mode is just the car telling you it sees the battery as a bit low and has turned off some circuits to preserve charge and allow the car to start. Message goes away once the car is started and nothing that prevents starting.

That it turns over OK but doesn't start might be that it doesn't recognize the key. Losing the registered key[s] isn't unknown if there are low battery issues.
After a start attempt, if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door, does the car beep at you ["forgot the key in the ignition, dummy!"], or not?
Old 01-09-17, 09:05 AM   #3
pdg

Didn't you like the replies in https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...roblem-279290/ ?
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-17, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdg View Post
If directed to paxmanmerv - this thread was actually created before the other one, yesterday 16:56 vs 17:41 (CEST) Not that cross-posting is to be encouraged tho...

If directed to me - didn't see the other thread before responding to this one.
Old 01-09-17, 08:40 PM   #5

????... sorry, lost me there..... guess i messed up somewhere but never mind eh! Will know next time.?
Paxmanmerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in