207 Limp mode and OB2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-15, 12:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 Limp mode and OB2

Hi Guys,
I have a 2006 207 1.6 XS

I am receiving the depolution system faulty error and then the car going into limp mode, This happens randomly and sometimes when i drove for a while and accellerate when in a low gear... it went into limp mode and OB2 error code was p1340... Misfire on cyl 4...

My question... is the OB2 detecting the limp mode that the ECU is putting the car in "because of another error" or can i savely say its a coilpack or so ?
Or will a PP2000 give me a better readout ?

Thanks guys
Anti
antimiraclem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-15, 02:59 PM   #2

The fault code is for the missfire the limp mode is caused by ecu shutting down that cylinder as a safety measure to prevent unburnt fuel getting into cat and damaging it. It could be a faulty plug or coil pack or other engine fault causing misfire
Old 12-08-15, 03:18 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks windy, I spoke to a peugeot agent here in town and he said OB2 might give you a 1340 error when the ECU goes into limp mode... so lets say theres a faulty crank angle sensor and it shuts down cyl 4 during limp mode.. then its the actual fault you get and not a true fault code. correct ?

Old 12-08-15, 05:35 PM   #4
Inactive User

OK i decided to take the coilpack off and check the sparkplugs... the plugs are fine but left hand side cyl (nr4 in french cars i asume)? had black build up on the tip of spark plug. Is there anyway i can test the coilpack ? its those horrible 4 in 1 units... and to confirm that cyl nr 4 is on the left ?
Thx guys
Old 16-08-15, 01:41 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi,

I had a similar thing with my wife's 207 and I changed the fuel filter and the problem went away. It may not be the same problem, but filters are cheap enough and if you have not changed it for a while it is worth a go.
denis12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-15, 08:33 AM   #6
Inactive User

well here is all my findings. The coil pack on cyl 4 had quite a bit of black arck ash inside.. I am suspecting a faulty coil pack... But i also think there might be another sensor causing the bit of misfire. After cleaning out the coil pack it went alot better, but i still have the "glitch" at about 2000rpm under low load. So if i short shift and plant it i get the glitch.. higher rpm i have no issues at all. Still worried about the coilpack and since i found out i was given a second hand coil pack on the last repair... i would feel more comfortable with a new one.

So depolution system faulty is a general error for stuff timing based.. spark and sensors and fuel sensors etc. But the fact that only one cylinder has a issue i would susspect coil pack... If i had 2 cylinders do it (bank) i could blame one of the cam or crank sensors. Will give feedback
Old 17-04-16, 11:41 AM   #7
Inactive User

Hi did you get to the route of this problem and was it the coil pack? Many thanks : )
LittleMissLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-16, 11:28 AM   #8
Inactive User

I am terrible at replying on this forum sorry Yes i managed to sort the problem. It was indeed a faulty coil pack. The guy who replaced it for me 3 yearsago, sold me a "rebuilt" 2nd hand unit... I wont use him again....
The coil pack connections is basicly a spring onto the spark plug... pulled the CYL4 coil cover off (hard plastic cover housing the spring) it was all brittle and contacts was black from all the arching.. Bad design....

I bought a new coil pack from BOSCH and it works like a dream!
Old 05-08-16, 11:30 AM   #9
Inactive User

But please bare in mind... depolusion error does not mean coilpack.. this was just related to my error on the OB2 unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in