207 HDi Elictrical Gremlin Help needed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-17, 12:50 PM   #1

Default 207 HDi Elictrical Gremlin Help needed

Hi

My mothers 207 has developed a problem that's looking like an intermittent electrical gremlin.

Twice now whilst driving the car, the oil temp gauge suddenly drops to zero then the headlights, fog lights and wipers come on despite the switches being in the off position.

If she stops the car and restarts it clears and the car runs normally (until it happens again).

She had into a garage who couldn't find a fault on the OBD system.

I'm a bit worried as she is getting on and I don't want her stranded.

Can anyone offer any advice or pointers?

Many thanks

David
L12PUG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-17, 01:05 PM   #2

check the under bonnet fuse box for water ingress as its a common issue with similar symptoms
Old 26-12-17, 01:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
check the under bonnet fuse box for water ingress as its a common issue with similar symptoms
Thanks mate - I had a look and the lid seemed loose and the seal was very displaced and soaking wet.

I have put the seal back and refitted the lid which is now tight so hopefully thatís it sorted.

Many thanks for that great advice, I appreciate it.

Old 26-12-17, 03:23 PM   #4

It's not just the fuse box cover that you need to check for water tightness. The loom plugs that go into the sockets on the fusebox need looking at too. Water can run up the loom cable from a faulty washer pump (and, I believe, from a faulty temperature sender unit) and into the plug which then corrodes the contacts in the socket. My brother-in-law's 207 had a faulty washer pump and the water ingress corroded away a set of pins in one socket which caused a lot of interesting electrical problems. A new pump and a new fusebox solved the problem but it wasn't cheap.
bowei001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-17, 03:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei001 View Post
It's not just the fuse box cover that you need to check for water tightness. The loom plugs that go into the sockets on the fusebox need looking at too. Water can run up the loom cable from a faulty washer pump (and, I believe, from a faulty temperature sender unit) and into the plug which then corrodes the contacts in the socket. My brother-in-law's 207 had a faulty washer pump and the water ingress corroded away a set of pins in one socket which caused a lot of interesting electrical problems. A new pump and a new fusebox solved the problem but it wasn't cheap.
Cheers mate, just popped out and had a quick look, it seems dry but will keep an eye on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in