207 hdi cutting out - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-15, 10:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 hdi cutting out

Hi, my pug cut out on me the other day after the anti pollution light had gone out. Now u der hard acceleration she jerks for about a second then runs normal. Just had new timing belt clutch and been fully serviced. Can anyone help im in darlington.
pug207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-15, 01:00 PM   #2
Inactive User

Well today she has chugging along under hard acceleration. Ive found air in the fuel system, beld it out but seems to be getting more in but dont know where from. Have just bought a egr block off plate so will fit that tomorrow.will it need a remap?
Old 27-06-15, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug207 View Post
Well today she has chugging along under hard acceleration. Ive found air in the fuel system, beld it out but seems to be getting more in but dont know where from. Have just bought a egr block off plate so will fit that tomorrow.will it need a remap?
what engine would be useful info also what you have tried so far and have you had it on diagbox to check for faults or look at live data

Old 28-06-15, 11:10 AM   #4
Inactive User

1.4 hdi 2007. Not had it garage yet. Im pretty mechanically minded having done all the jobs on her myself. Going to put egr blanking plate in today and will put new oil filter on this week. Fuel and oil filters where only changed in march. Timing belt and water pump im march with 73000. And the belt was nearly shagged.
Old 28-06-15, 11:24 AM   #5
Inactive User

On the 1.4 where the airbox sits it rubs the fuel lines quite often causing a small hole that let's air in the system
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-07-15, 02:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

Well had her to the garage. No major falut codes and blanked the egr off. Car was running fine again then today she cut out today. She is only doing it when cold. The garage said there was a fault code for the glow plugs which i will get new but i dont think this is the problem. Once warm she runs sweet.any ideas?
Old 03-08-15, 09:09 AM   #7
Inactive User

I seem to have a similar problem mine cut out while driving and displayed anti pollution fault, it turned over a while then started and was fine seemed like an airlock.
I have noticed since I changed the fuel filter a couple of months ago that it had been erratic on idle and engine seemed to cough at low revs but fine when accelerating but as no real way of bleeding the air out of diesel had to just hand primer bulb hope it would self bleed.
Plugged it into computer and it's come up with 3 fault codes

P0001 (fuel volume regulator circuit open)
P1166 also fuel pressure related
P1471 unknown

So still thinking along the lines of possible air in diesel me get have to try another fuel filter as went for the cheaper crosland unit will try the Mann one instead.
Not sure if any of this helps but hope you've managed to solve it.
Jjonine1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-15, 09:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug207 View Post
Well had her to the garage. No major falut codes and blanked the egr off. Car was running fine again then today she cut out today. She is only doing it when cold. The garage said there was a fault code for the glow plugs which i will get new but i dont think this is the problem. Once warm she runs sweet.any ideas?
if you read the posts someone has suggested to check the fuel lines under the airbox this is a common problem but it looks like you are ignoring them, also was it dealer level diagnostics used if not then i would recommend using dealer level as there might be some codes the reader has missed also you need to have a look at live data

have a read of section 8 and 9 here https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/

Last edited by trustme; 03-08-15 at 09:21 AM.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in