207 Gti depollution fault, who pays? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-12, 10:09 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 Gti depollution fault, who pays?

First of all, I just want to say what a great forum this is, loads of info and everyone seems to be friendly!

Anyway, this has probably been asked before as there is so many threads regarding this problem.

After suffering for some time with the depollution fault, I took my car to the peugeot main dealers who have told me all the parts I require and the work involved, now it seems this isn't exactly cheap!
I didn't really say much but I took my car away and I'm booking it in at a later date as they say they will need to have it for 2-3 days as to check these parts requires the necessary parts to be stripped down.
The problem I get is always from a cold start, the juddering, engine mis-fire and what seems to be an apparent lack of fuel. I stop the engine, then restart it, stop the engine and restart it and the mis-fire disappears and after about 2-3 minutes driving the car runs normal but still with the depollution fault.
If I run the car, and say go to the shops, come back after a couple of hours or so, then the engine starts and runs fine from the go, and sometimes the depollution fault will clear itself, that is until I start it again from leaving it overnight. It tends to struggle when the temperature is say 6 degrees or lower, if I start it up and it's say 10 degrees it starts okayish but is still juddering until it has ran for a while?!
I have changed the oil about 4 months ago and I changed the plugs about 1 month ago, the depollution fault started about two months ago?
I was hoping there would be some people on here who may be able to give me information on where I stand legally for refusing to pay for parts to replace peugeot's sub standard parts as this is apparently a known fault on these engines. I have no issues paying labour, just can't justify paying for parts that shouldn't need to be replaced, especially as the car has only done 36,000 miles!

Any help with this matter, or any other suggestions as to what is causing this fault would be greatly appreciated!!!
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-10-12, 10:43 AM   #2

What did dealers say?

Have you any fault codes to tell us ?
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-10-12, 10:48 AM   #3
Inactive User

imageuploadedbyag-free1351676702.412648.jpg I took the car to my brothers garage and these were the fault codes which came up, peugeot said that it would probably be the timing chain with all the sliders etc, they said that due to the position of the timing chain when I first start the engine that could be the reason why sometimes it starts ok and other times it runs like a bag of spanners!

Old 31-10-12, 10:54 AM   #4
Inactive User

In regards to what the dealer said about paying for work to be done, they said that peugeot would help towards the cost but that I would need to prove the car has full main dealer history, it has full dealer history up to 25,000 miles and my brother did a service at about 30,000 miles which was carried out to the peugeot service list, but obviously a lot cheaper than getting a main dealer to do a service that any competent mechanic could do!
Old 31-10-12, 09:05 PM   #5
Inactive User

Can you tell me exactly what codes you have as the picture is not clear
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-12, 12:47 AM   #6
Inactive User

Hey, the picture flash blanked some of it out but I got most of it

P1395--- Super knock detection
P0172--- Mixture regulation, mix too rich
P?987--- petrol high pressure regulation fault, furl rail pressure too low
P????--- Combustion misfiring on unspecified cylinders
P1339 misfire 3
P1337 misfire 1
P1340 misfire 4
P1338 misfire 2

I have been driving the car and through using it tonight I drove 20 miles, started fine, no juddering and ran fine, although the fault light stayed on. I parked up left the car for an hour started it fine again and the fault wasn't there, it has done this a few times but like I said, when it's an actual cold start that is when it misfires on start up and takes a while to start running properly with a few ignition on/offs it sorts itself out and drives normally getting about 33mpg, confusing as if it is the timing I thought it would be running rough all the time?!
Old 01-11-12, 09:43 PM   #7
Inactive User

If the sparks are ok and of correct manufacturer and type this might be a HP fuel pump. Timing check is always a must on these engine though.
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-13, 08:10 AM   #8
Inactive User

So wot actually fix your problem in the end, sounds like my 207 1.6 turbo. Been to Pug & they updated the ECU & said fule pump not up to pressure. So changed fuel pump, timing chain, plugs, 2 coils, coolant sensor, MAF sensor, Manifold Sensor & both O2 sensors & still the same problem. Brings up P1336,1337,1339 codes
Dazel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in