207 GTi De-pollution Fault - Fault code P1339 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ADS77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-19, 08:42 PM   #1

Default 207 GTi De-pollution Fault - Fault code P1339

Hi all,

I've just bought a 207 GTi (2007) and on the way home I got the dreaded de-pollution fault.

Got home and plugged in my OBD code reader and found fault code P1339, which points to a misfire on cylinder 3. I had a mess around with the coil packs on all cylinders (and also messed/cleaned the fuel cap).

Car started okay and the EML appeared to have gone and I also had power back. I drove to test it again, got about 50 yards down the road and the EML came back on with the de-pollution fault message again.

Anyone have any ideas on this or what I can try? I've contacted a couple of local forum members to see if they can check it on Peugeot Planet for me but haven't hear back from them yet, so thought I would post here for any additional help or suggestions while I wait to hear back from them.

Be gentle, it's my first post on here and if you have any questions or need more info, ask away.

Any/all help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-04-19, 10:29 AM   #2

1st thing to do is change over the coil pack on cylinder 3 to another one and see if the fault code comes up to the cylinder u changed the coil too.

If it stays the same cylinder, change spark plug over to another cylinder and see what results are.

That's the 2 easiet ways to start diagnosing.

Cylinders got 4,3,2,1 as u look from standing in front of the car into the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Gibbo likes this.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-19, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
1st thing to do is change over the coil pack on cylinder 3 to another one and see if the fault code comes up to the cylinder u changed the coil too.

If it stays the same cylinder, change spark plug over to another cylinder and see what results are.

That's the 2 easiet ways to start diagnosing.

Cylinders got 4,3,2,1 as u look from standing in front of the car into the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Many thanks for the response.

I did end up swapping the coil packs over on cylinders 3 and 4 last night, cleared the fault and the fault came back on cylinder 4 this time though. So looks like the coil pack.

Picked up a new Delphi coil pack this morning from my local parts shop for 25, replaced, cleared the fault and all appears to be good. Only took her on a short drive for about 3 miles but no fault and full power back!

I was worried for a bit and thought I'd bought a new shed! Fingers crossed that she's okay now.

Thanks again!
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in