207 GTi (2007) - Mystery plug in engine bay - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pluggit
  • 1 Post By reliable406
  • 1 Post By ADS77

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-19, 01:49 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 6
Question 207 GTi (2007) - Mystery plug in engine bay

Hi all,

So, I've been checking around my engine bay and I've come across a plug that's not connected to anything and I'm having trouble locating where it should be plugged in and what it's for.

Some pics of the plug below:





Does anyone have any ideas what this is and where it should go?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by raiderturbo; 30-04-19 at 01:53 AM.
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 30-04-19, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 124
Default

Manufacturers standardise wiring looms to fit many of their range and some options that are not on one model may make a plug or plugs redundant so they just leave them there..hanging..for us to find and spend our valuable time worrying like hell as to whats dropped off and not now working..nice. Saying that, the length of it cant take it far from the end of the cam or the induction plumbing so have a poke around. If you dont find anything and the car runs fine then dont lose any sleep over it.
raiderturbo likes this.
Pluggit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-19, 09:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: falkirk
Posts: 14,043
Default

I know where it goes but it goes nowhere on yours

On the breather pipe coming from the rocker cover there is a valve on the pipe connection the wire goes to that but there is no valve on yours.
raiderturbo likes this.
__________________
assume nothing check everything twice !!
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 30-04-19, 01:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Dunfermline
Posts: 1,227
Default

its a weird one cause some of the cars have them and others don't, think its meant to be an oil vapour moisture sensor, but like said at the start, some have them and some don't lol nothing to worry about !
raiderturbo likes this.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-19, 05:46 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluggit View Post
Manufacturers standardise wiring looms to fit many of their range and some options that are not on one model may make a plug or plugs redundant so they just leave them there..hanging..for us to find and spend our valuable time worrying like hell as to whats dropped off and not now working..nice. Saying that, the length of it cant take it far from the end of the cam or the induction plumbing so have a poke around. If you dont find anything and the car runs fine then dont lose any sleep over it.
Yes, I had a dig around but couldn't see anywhere for it to go. Thanks for the reassurance.
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-19, 05:47 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I know where it goes but it goes nowhere on yours

On the breather pipe coming from the rocker cover there is a valve on the pipe connection the wire goes to that but there is no valve on yours.
Thanks for the info!
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-19, 05:47 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
its a weird one cause some of the cars have them and others don't, think its meant to be an oil vapour moisture sensor, but like said at the start, some have them and some don't lol nothing to worry about !

Thanks for the info!
raiderturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
206 GTI 180 mystery connector! Finchy 206 4 13-06-18 09:49 AM
Which type of Glow plug 307 1.6hdi 110 2007 Louthefirst 307 4 10-02-15 11:04 AM
207 Gti (175) 2007 - problems !!! toot 207 3 16-02-13 09:45 AM
Mystery plug on the Steering Wheel Column blackduff Maintenance 8 01-10-10 04:30 PM
Mystery plug ceemark General Discussion 0 17-08-06 01:41 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.