207 GT Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-15, 10:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 GT Problems

Hi Guys and Girls.

I am looking for a new car and have seen that there are quite a few 207 GT for sale and they seem reasonably well priced and not bad mileage.

My wife has a 208 and its a cracking little motor. Most of my family have had Peugeots, my dad had a 306 Rallye and I worshipped it. The GT seems a really nice car and looks really nice.

I have looked through common problems and noticed that the 'De Pollution' issue seems common and the timing chain seems an issue on these.

Just really wanted to know how common these faults are and whether they cost a lot to get sorted if they do go wrong?

Thanks in Advance!!
JACKO9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-15, 10:38 AM   #2

think like most cars you can get one that cost money or be very reliable, my advice would be, if it has service history to price up a car/repair warranty then haggle the price down to pay for it.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-15, 10:42 AM   #3

If you mean there have been a lot of owners on here who have posted about these problems it's worth remembering that nobody is going to post on a forum....'hey guys there is absolutely nothing wrong with my car!'. The motivations for most people clicking on this site is partly curiosity and mainly seeking help. Accordingly when you read a forum for a given model you tend to get the impression that every example of that model has got a problem.

Peugeots hold no particular dread for owners which are no better or worse than most other brands and models. My next door neighbour is on his second Ford Fiesta and he has vowed never to have another Ford because he has had nothing but trouble from both of them....and this is the most popular supermini in Europe! Meanwhile my wife and I are on our 11th Peugeot between us!

My wife and I have been buying Peugeots since 1998 and it was Citroens before that and while we have both had a few niggles here and there nothing has stopped us buying them. The 207 is a very good little car but your best bet is when you go to see one take somebody with you who knows a bit more about cars than kicking tyres and if you don't have a friend its worth investing in the AA doing it for you.

Good Luck!
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-06-15, 11:47 AM   #4

welcome jack

the 207 indeed is a cracking car, and the THP engine is brilliant to drive and fairly economical too!

depollution fault is basically a generic message saying something is wrong with the car, could be a number of things.

main things that can crop up are the timing issue, clogged inlet valves, fuel pump, turbo coolant pump and some sensors.

but all cars have their problems, back when car 1st came out, was very little support and knowledge about the THP engine, which has totally turned round over the years and some very knowledgeable people around with 1st hand experience with them!

timing parts cost 260 quid, then 6 hours labour, must have Peugeot tools to do this repair.

fuel pump and turbo coolant pump get from bmw, lot cheaper than from Peugeot

inlet cleaning from Peugeot is 4.5 hours labour.

that's to give u a rough idea.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-15, 10:42 PM   #5
Inactive User

I've had my GT for over a year now. I'd say be careful. My timing chain needed replaced at 45 000 miles 700. Then the turbo coolant pump 100+. Various solenoids, 2 coil packs, egr valve and a lot more. In one year it was in Arnold Clark over 10 times. I saved some money since I bought it with an autocare warranty but really I regret not buying something like a a Civic Type R EP3 or FN2.

The 207 THP 150 is a fun car but dont buy it expecting it to be hassle free. Nothing worse than buying a car which is just going to sit and rot in the drive way.
mstevie192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in