207 Gt Hdi Oil Leak - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-13, 09:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 Gt Hdi Oil Leak

Hi to be completely honest, im not overly confident working on cars as ive not really been to involved in them before.

Come to think of it i might start a saturday job at my local garage to learn a thing or two.

I have recently purchased a Peugeot 207 Hdi Gt and have discovered an oil leak, as its night i can not get a good picture, but here is a picture of a engine the same as mine, without a leak..

Could someone explain why it would be leaking and what are the best chances of getting it repaired ?

It is due a service at the end of this month.

Any help is appreciated, Once its daylight i will post an actual picture of my engine
Ben_reeson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-13, 04:59 AM   #2

Looks like that's the piping that goes from the turbo towards from the intercooler right before entering the engine. I have a 207 GT with a similar problem (if you can call it that).

How many miles/km on the car? Mine has 100,000 km (~65,000 mi) and mine has some oil in there also.

I think it is normal. Would a new car do it? Probably not, but after some wear this is quite normal to get some oil in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
Okay I took the hose off the inlet side of the intercooler, and there was a very small amount of oil in it. I took this part off (I couldn't get the other end off because I don't have the right tools to get into the crack to take off a specific bolt to remove the piping:

Here's what I found:

Towards the intercooler:

Inside the turbo:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here... I've spoken with a friend and he thinks it's quite normal to have a small amount of oil. When I looked INTO the intercooler there was no oil there. Just some residual oil on the piping...
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-13, 10:59 AM   #3
Inactive User

Looks normal for a diesel
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-01-13, 10:17 AM   #4
Inactive User

The car is under warranty with dealership, do you think i should take it back ?
What should i suggest is the cause of the problem ?
Old 13-01-13, 12:44 PM   #5
davidireland

In fairness you don't need anyone here to tell you to take it back. The oil is supposed to be on the inside of the engine not on the outside.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-13, 03:29 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
In fairness you don't need anyone here to tell you to take it back. The oil is supposed to be on the inside of the engine not on the outside.
Fair Point, The Problem is i want to know alittle as to what i am saying is the problem when i call them. I know for sure its not going to be easy getting them to look at the car, so wondered if anyone else has seen this issue and can tell me the problem.
Old 14-01-13, 07:29 AM   #7
davidireland

The oil in the turbo pipes is normal. All it is is oil vapour. The oil outside is your problem.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in