207 diesel slightly judders at around 1600 rpm - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ginger Magic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-15, 11:23 AM   #1
Pop
Inactive User

Exclamation 207 diesel slightly judders at around 1600 rpm

Hey.

Peugeot 207 diesel, 2008 with approx. 65000 miles. I'm the second owner, was bought with 29000 miles on clock.

Worked great until a few weeks ago I noticed a slight loss of power at low speeds (20-30mph etc) which I thought I was imagining. Slowly it's become a little worse and I've isolated to around the 1600 rpm area. Happens even if the engine is warm. Full service about 7 months ago.

Has anyone had similar issues with this model? I mentioned to a garage and they said I could spend thousands changing everything (filters, injectors etc) until I got a warning light.

Thanks
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-15, 10:34 PM   #2
Inactive User

They're right you could spend forever looking for the cause without a code, though wouldn't be surprised if it was dye to the egr sticking open a little you could try blanking it off and seeing if it gets anybetter especially as the blanking plate is 4 off eBay and takes 20mins to fit. That's where I'd start personally. Another culprit could be the dpf if you have an engine that had one fitted that is.
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-15, 11:46 PM   #3
Pop
Inactive User

Ah .. thanks Joe.
I wasn't sure if I was just getting a 'not really listened' response or if that was the case. If the symptoms aren't specific to something i'll probably try waiting until I get an error and hope it doesn't get too bad up to that point.

Old 05-04-15, 07:34 AM   #4
Ginger Magic

I have a turbo issue on my car, and I've been eliminating issues one by one.

I borrowed a MAF sensor from a friend - he said it had a flat spot around 1800RPM which when fitted to my car proved true, although no fault code was found.

It seems not all MAFs are the same and show signs of wear differently.

If you unplug your MAF sensor ( a fault will flag up .. ) the car will resort to a set of default values and the car may be better around the 1600RPM mark.

Do you do lots of round town driving? Maybe the injectors could do with a few tankfuls of Posh Diesel and some injector cleaner like Millers. The Millers is available on-line for about 10 and will do about 6 or 7 tanks worth so not as expensive as it seems.

Also, have a look on the Planet map - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...38651,28.54248 for a member with diagnostics that will look at your car for beer tokens, and although no fault codes pop up, they can check 'Live data' to see what is going on at 1600RPM
Pop likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-15, 02:24 PM   #5
Pop
Inactive User

Thanks Ginger,

I had to call to Halfords today for a new tail light bulb so grabbed some of the Millers while I was there (I needed to refill so rather than wait for internet delivery ...) and had my first 'Posh' diesel refill.

Grabbed a Haynes manual while I was there too - as there was no wrapper on the book the cashier knocked off a decent chunk too - didn't even ask, bonus!

I'll see how that goes and then take a look at the MAF as you suggested. I do a fair chunk of driving and every morning/evening for work I get bogged in traffic which I imagine doesn't help. Trip to Cumbria on Friday so should clear it out and get the 200+ miles in with the new cleaner.

Thanks for the advice

Edit:

Update

The Millers diesel cleaner stated on the bottle about 200 mile. Well, I've been testing over the last few days to be sure but somehow it cleared the issue, which has been going for over a month, in the first 6 mile! Attempted to purposefully duplicate the issue and I cannot! Furthermore, acceleration and general noise seems/feels better. Very impressed

Last edited by Pop; 07-04-15 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in