207 crank no start...plz help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-19, 01:33 AM   #1

Default 207 crank no start...plz help

Help!!!
My car had been down for months. It won't start. A mechanic checked it out and ran a diagnostic on it said it was the crank sensor. Changed the crank sensor, still no start. This time the windows and light didn't work. Another mechanic checked it out and said it could be a faulty fusebox as these go bad also he said the ECU appears to be locked. I replaced the fusebox, windows and lights started to work again, crank no start. Another mechanic came and was able to communicate with the ECU and cleared some codes but some remained unable to be removed. (See attached pics) we've replaced spark plugs but not getting any sparks and fuel pump is working. I've ran out of ideas. when we crank it seems like it wants to start but never does. I don't know what to do again. Oh one more thing under the fusebox where there are large fuses was literally under water. Can anyone give me advice on what I should do again or what steps needs to be taken in getting this car fixed
Attached Thumbnails
img_20190808_163440_1_1566351182116.jpg   img_20190808_163428_1566351206988.jpg  
QueenT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-08-19, 08:26 AM   #2

It is almost certainly water ingress to the ECU and/or wiring harness(es) connected to the ECU. I fear no cheap easy fix.

Perhaps you could remove and open up the ECU, and use iso-propyl alcohol (propanol) to clean and dry it, checking carefully for corrosion. If corrosion is severe, the ECU may have to be replaced. Also inspect all the connectors and cable end connectors and clean with electrical cleaner spray
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-19, 08:45 AM   #3

Have you done the simple things like beep test incase key code has been lost

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Old 21-08-19, 08:47 AM   #4

Yep lools like the well documented water ingress issues these suffer from but before condemning ecu have you done the beep test ?

If its not beeping it wont start and when the ecu is locked it tends to be hard to clear fault codes.

IF you decide to change the ecu you need a complete ecu set this consist at minimum the ECU the BSI and the key these 3 parts are the important part but you can also get the instruments as mileage is stored there so replacing is going to alter the mileage.

Dont just buy an ecu as it wont work unless you know someone who is able to decode and recode to your car also the wiring on the engine may be the source of the issue so you may need a loom too and new temp sensor and washer pump sounds daft i know but its true water gets in from these 2 things !
Old 21-08-19, 01:02 PM   #5

I've tried the beep test. The car beeps when the key is left in the ignition and the door is opened. So I know the key code hasn't been lost. I checked for corrosion on the ECU pins and saw very slight on one of the pins. (See attached pics) i used the electrical contact cleaner on the connectors and ECU pins. But still it won't start it cranks almost starting and stops after a while. But I was thinking since I've changed the fusebox I probably need to chanced the wiring that goes to it. (I'm not an expert in car electricals so correct me if I'm wrong). Please share a link where I can purchase it. I'm just frustrated as to what to do again. I really don't want to scrap it. This problem began when I left the car out the garage one night got up the next morning and it started and cut off. It was started again drove for about 100m and cut off again, that was it
Attached Thumbnails
img_20190817_170906_1566392423595.jpg  
QueenT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in