207 cooling fan stays on after starting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-18, 07:21 PM   #1
idm

Default 207 cooling fan stays on after starting

I am sure someone will find this information useful. The car is a 207 vvti 1.4 late 2009. Recently changed the alternator for 120 amp as the previous one was giving problems ie 80 amp. At first I had no problems but then out of the blue, I noticed the cooling fan would stay on after starting the engine and switch off a few seconds after switching the engine off.

I read the codes with pps2000 and got 'Controlled alternator fault value received incorrect on the bss network'. Coolant temp was all good but the battery voltage would drop down to around 12.1 volts at idle. After a lot of head scratching decided to replace the ancillary belt that was not all that old and original agent supply. At first used a 6pk915 as opposed to 6pk905 agent spec, immediately after starting the engine no fan and battery voltage at 14.3 volts.

Had a drive with the car for a long distance and all is good. I have now ordered the 6pk905 belt and tensioner as the car has done 180 000 km, can not believe the price of the friction wheel though.
idm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in