207 cc "Roof mechanism fault" - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-17, 04:23 PM   #1

Default 207 cc "Roof mechanism fault"

Hi. I have a 207 cc that gives "roof mechanism fault" on display when we try to lower the roof.
It worked perfectly well last week and there was no crunching or banging when it was last used.
The roof doesn't even begin to move, just a slight "click" from inside the boot (the sound a relay makes) and nothing. Just the error.
The fuse is ok as the rear windows work and they are on the same fuse. I've also checked the visible hydraulic pipes for any leakage.

I did find that a rubber bung had fallen from inside the boot, which pushes onto a catch that clicks the mech at the end of the manoeuvre. This is now back in place and latched.
The only other thing to mention is the boot will not open for about ten mins after the fault is displayed.
I'm hoping there might be some sort of reset.

Any help would be most appreciated. My last resort is the local Peugeot dealer....
Adrian b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-11-18, 03:57 PM   #2

Default Did you get this sorted?

I've had problems over the years & had various fixes but last Summer my roof didn't work at all & I've had a Peugeot diagnostic & the window regulator changed but still nothing. So choice of Peugeot dealer with major expense or get rid of the car - for peanuts as the roof doesn't work. I've searched the forum & got everything checked from all the suggestions but am at a loss, just wondered if you had any luck?
Shazzah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-11-18, 07:08 PM   #3

Hi Shazzah. We got lucky and found a local garage that has experience in Peugeot convertibles. They traced the fault back to a broken wire in the loom running through the boot hinge.
They repaired the wire but the same thing happened a month later. They repaired it again and this time loosened the wiring loom. They said if it happened again the wiring loom would have to be replaced which is a long job.

So far so good, it's worked all summer.

If yours is exactly the same fault I would get the wiring checked as the loom has a week point at the boot hinge.

Hope you get it fixed!

The garage was in the Caterham/ Coulsdon area in Surrey
Adrian b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-11-18, 09:56 AM   #4

Talking Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me Adrian, that's one I've not heard of before! My mechanic is a bit old school & is at a loss which is why I had the proper Peugeot diagnostic & he fixed on my say so, pity it didn't work. I shall ask him if he's able to check the wiring - I'm assuming this wouldn't have shown on a diagnostic? I love my car & really don't want to get rid of it but another Summer like we had with the roof up? No thanks!!
Shazzah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-18, 11:09 AM   #5

this seems like the same place that can stop the boot switch working.
its tied onto the n/s boot hinge (uk), i would give the wires a few wiggles first, may help to pinpoint fault.
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in