207 CC Normal operating temperature - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cod1704

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-15, 07:17 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 CC Normal operating temperature

We have a 207 CC that seems to run at over 90 degrees Celsius on the guage. To check this, I used an ELM 327 OBD II scanner connected via Bluetooth to an Android tablet running Torque Pro.

The car's system reports running at about 102 degrees Celsius. This seems so much higher than my BMW which runs at 86 to 90 degrees. Our previous 206 CC also ran at those temperatures.

My question is: What is the 'normal' operating temperature of a 207?
DrGadget is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-15, 03:35 PM   #2

not sure but sound about right to me, the mondeo duratec runs around 99-107 deg temp taken from the cylinder head sensor.
but many on the ford site have slightly lower running tempratures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

so only guesswork but sounds ok to me,
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-15, 05:21 PM   #3

Dear Dr G,

I think (believe) the gauge is only an indication and not in any way calibrated for temperature such that you can say it reads 90 Deg C. Yes, the actual water temperature will most likely be over 100 Deg C (pressurised so it won't boil) but it seems that most manufacturers these days arrange things so that the guage sits neatly at mid position. My Transit 2.4 Diesel always sat exactly at mid gauge sweep, my Golf 1.6 TDi sat exactly at "90" also. I understand what you say about the gauge reading high (I have concerns that mine reads low) but 102 Deg C sounds about right to me for the actual water temp. Perhaps someone who works the technical side of Peugeot could comment on what the correct range is for the actual water temp when read from the ECU.
storeman likes this.
Cod1704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-15, 01:56 AM   #4
Inactive User

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
not sure but sound about right to me, the mondeo duratec runs around 99-107 deg temp taken from the cylinder head sensor.
but many on the ford site have slightly lower running temperatures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

Thank you. Yes, I agree with you the more I think about it.
Old 05-04-15, 01:57 AM   #5
Inactive User

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
but many on the ford site have slightly lower running tempratures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

Yes, it sounds right that at the head it would be 100+ degrees Celsius.
Old 05-04-15, 07:47 AM   #6

Cod1704 said what I was going to say. The gauge is an indication and not a certified calibrated instrument. If it isn't in the red or it doesn't sit at zero then you should be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in